Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got to reading about our blow off valves and decided to experiment with an idea to get rid of the goose honk. It worked I think. I drove the car all day and haven't heard a peep out of the goose under my hood. It was simple, I just took the blow off valve off the car and felt inside of the L shaped inlet side of the blow off valve and felt the small hole the factory put right in the middle of the exhaust valve, (I have no clue why), and decided to cover the hole because I read that it was the source of the honk noise. I put silicone on one side of a dime and stuck it over the hole. I let it dry and reinstalled the blow off valve. I,ve been trying to make it honk all day long and it hasn't yet. Theoretically my turbos should spool faster since I plugged this leak but I really can't tell any difference, except in my wallet, because it saved me all that money for a new bov.

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
You will really be able to tell a difference in your wallet if the dime comes loose from the BOV and goes into one of your turbos!

Chris

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
slurp, honk, chunk, rattle rattle, griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind

hehehe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I alreay thought about that and plan on doing a more permanent upgrade tonight. I just didn't know if it would work at all so i didn't want to have the dime in there permanently yet.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
holy shitola

Chris that was really funny.
Not to detract one bit from your problem willy.
God I love reading these boards!

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip John, I pryed the dime off of my bov,which was not an easy task, I don't think I would have ever had to worry about that coming loose and hitting a turbo. Anyways, after I got the dime off I turned my bov around and it worked perfectly with no honk. In the process I tried taking the bov return tubes out of the intake to make my bov louder and it gave me a weak whistly sound instead. Needless to say I put them back in it sounds much better that way. Hope my experimenting helps others on the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts