Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Eat strawberries
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this tip from a fellow user on the board (Sorry i forgot who) All you have to do is take your headlight out of the car, remove the bulb and the housing for it. Next...Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and stick the whole headlight in there for about 10-12 minutes. This will heat up the glue and you will be able to get a screwdriver in there to start to pry the cover off then you can just remove it with your hands. The "fog" inside the light housing is a glue substance and can be removed with minimal effort. Personally i used Quick'n'Brite, but Goo Gone or something along those lines would work. After you clean the light just stick the cover back on and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes to let the glue heat up, and then put the clips back on the light. The whole process takes less than 45 minutes. I was a little worried about putting the light in the oven at first, but hey it works! No other part of the light melts!

p.s. Take caution when taking the cover off the light. If the glue gets onto the inside part of the light it is a wicked bitch to get it off. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, I did this too, except I did not use an Oven. You can use a heat gun, that seemed to work real well and the entire thing was appart in less then 20 min. Thanks to Hans :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts