Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I insert the key, it doesn't turn:mad:
What can I do?? Please help:(

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blk93stealthes said:
oo ooo this is what i do now if that happens...hit to the left of the keey hole a couple of times...try again....if doesnt work rotate key

lol, I did try to hit it left, right, up, and down, rotated the key but
no luck!!:confused:

Twinsen, everytime when I try to unlock my driver door with key,
it doesn't even turn for first 1-2 seconds:confused:

It seems like it's time for keyless entry. Previous owner had an aftermarket keyless but he didn't give it to me and all the wirings
were cutted:wtf:

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Could be a couple things. Is it a factory original key? If so, it would have a code stamped on it. The code should be something like E####. It it is worn down, it will be hard to use in your door and trunk.

Is it the valet key? See if it locks and unlocks your glovebox. If it doesn't, then you have the valet key.

If you scan a picture of your key and send it to me: [email protected], I can cut you a key that is the same specifications as a factory original.

I work for Professional Lock & Key in Fredericksburg, VA. If you don't believe me, you can call me at work to verify this information Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm EST.

(800) 373-2340

I have given this offer before. I can cut you a key for the cost of the key blank and shipping. The blanks are under $0.30 each and shipping depends on your location.

Offer is open to any 3SI member with a key that is getting worn down and not working right.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Mine sorta does the same thing, but only every so often. What I do is press the trunk down, hold it down, then turn the key. At least on mine I guess the trunk will hold pressure on the mechanism, and by pressing on the trunk lid, it releases the pressure, and I can open it again. Worth a try I suppose.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
farooqm said:
Spray in some WD40 to loosen up the mechanism.

Hey man, I tried your suggestion and now the key turns like butter:D I'm wondering why I couldn't think of that method;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts