Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
correct me if Im wrong.
I am talking about a thing that is black socked connected with 2 tubes. there are two identical socket thing attached to the body next to each other. Open the hood and you see the two black sockets. yeah its right behind the silver intake manifold.
I accidentally broke it. the tube (there are two tubes with upper one and lower one, Im talking about lower one) is broken and it is not connected anymore. is this what we call, a solenoid valve? I hafta order this because it is not connectable anymore.
without connecting this, what happens to my turbine? dangerous?
i drove last night but did not see any prob.
is it the one connected to actuator?
oh....god.

i appreciate your help in advance!
god damn it!! Besides, i have an final exam today starting at 8am! my stealth is more than getting "F" ...maybe not.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
If you broke the right one (closest to te drivers side) then it was the boost solenoid valve. You MUST close the line that went into it otherwise your car may boost up too high. Also remove the other line and cap it off too to prevent unfilterd air sucked in by the rear turbo.

If you add a BC then this solenoid will be removed anyways.

If the other one is broken, just exchange the solenoids. If you don't install an EBC than max boost will be limited to about 6 or less psi.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I bought one a while back cause I thought it was bad. I think it was around $64 at the local Mitsu dealer. It's listed in their parts book as some sort of emmissions control solenoid!

Trevor

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, that was boost solenoid valve.
I went to Brad Beson Mitsubishi in South Brunswick, NJ. They QUOTED "$150"!!!
they rip off all the time.
and I went to STS where I usually change my oil. They quoted $50 or something.
They ordered it but it takes a week at least.

Roger,
now what should i do? I wasnt sure about what you said. could you explain one more time? I really appreciate helps.
I actually found your website and knew that was solenoid!

thanks,

Kalin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts