Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member of the forum, but I have been browsing the threads for the past week or so. I have always been a fan of the TT's and DSMs and I figured I could learn more about them by being a part of your community. A good friend of mine (sitting next to me in work now) has a 91 Red GT with, get this, 23,000 miles.

In addition, I figured you could learn alot from myself as I have good deal of knowledge in the LS1 and the GTP vehicles as I currently own both. I saw that you had many posts regarding the LS1 and GTP it seemed that not many knew the real truth about how these vehicles run and that their were many questions. Just as I don't knwo much about your vehicles.

I am not trolling or anything, just a car enthusiast with an open mind. Hope any of you don't mind. And feel free asking me ?'s and maybe I can give some outsider insight....

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,835 Posts
Welcome.

We enjoy true "Enthusiasts".
Feel free to ask away and share as much as you would like.
We freely accept all who come with good intentions.

Nice to meet ya.

Bob.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
So what's the fastest "close to stock" GTP? What's the fastest modded one? What are their strong and weak points?

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
I too enjoy talking to ANY enthusiast no matter what car they drive. A true enthusiast doesn't get on boards just to bash other nice cars. Good to see a new person that's not like that. Although we don't have MANY people like there here anyways. Welcome, and I'm sure there's lots of C5/LS1/GTP questions that pop up all the time (check out the kills section). :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
sorny said:
I too enjoy talking to ANY enthusiast no matter what car they drive. A true enthusiast doesn't get on boards just to bash other nice cars. Good to see a new person that's not like that. Although we don't have MANY people like there here anyways. Welcome, and I'm sure there's lots of C5/LS1/GTP questions that pop up all the time (check out the kills section). :)
Shut the fuck up you WRX driving prick...you don't even own a 3S anymore!;)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,835 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm

N2 TRBL said:

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle BLACK;)

Bob.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome...

Good to have you here;) !!! I grew up around Vette's and my family owns a few of them. Check out my website, my brother race's a C5 in the Trans-AM Series, SCCA, and this is his 9th or 10th Vette...

I may be getting a C5 for my next car if/when I sell my SL. It is still up in the air on which I will pick, a '99 VR4, C5, or Roush/Saleen...:confused:

What are the good and bad points in your opinion!!!

O'ya, to be a "member", you have to send in your $8 or so bucks and get a # to be a member;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Re: Hmmmmmmmmmm

94OhioVR4 said:

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle BLACK;)

Bob.
What are you talking about? I still...have...my...VR...I'm retarded.

on a side note...the dude that bought my car has it running 12.1 in the quarter! I'm so damn proud.

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
N2 TRBL said:

Hey, I can't help that the WRX boards aren't as KEWL as the 3/S board :) And what kind of 3/S do you have? Is that a 1st gen Stealth in your sig? hmm... must be the Stealth R/T TT CobraJet. :p

·
Registered
358 Posts
sorny said:

Hey, I can't help that the WRX boards aren't as KEWL as the 3/S board :) And what kind of 3/S do you have? Is that a 1st gen Stealth in your sig? hmm... must be the Stealth R/T TT CobraJet. :p
Why yes...yes it is...what of it?:D

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
N2 TRBL said:

Why yes...yes it is...what of it?:D

Didn't know the TT's came with big blocks.. hmm..

*I'm really hoping it has a 390 BB in it or I'm gonna look dumb..*

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
WICKEDDREW said:
So what's the fastest "close to stock" GTP? What's the fastest modded one? What are their strong and weak points?
I may not be new, but I might be of some help. ;) I have a good friend w/a new GTP. All he has done is K&N. From a stop he has some of the WORST traction problems I have ever seen! He is still on stock tires, the supercharger makes too much torque down low. But from 20-80 it is very fast! After 80 it kinda hits a wall. I raced him a couple times w/ another friends 01eclipse GT 5speed. From a stop to about 100 his the GTP was at the back bumper. If we start at 20 the Eclipse is at the GTP's back bumper. :) I think that the GTP can be a low 14 car if it had some real meat up front.

BTW, Welcome RED C5, your driving my next car! :D But mine will be a black or silver 6-speed. :)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome, R u on the Corvetteforum also ? let me guess, Scorp ? AFY? My SN is Mjolitor 68 at CF.com

·
Registered
358 Posts
sorny said:

Didn't know the TT's came with big blocks.. hmm..

*I'm really hoping it has a 390 BB in it or I'm gonna look dumb..*
Well, you can't help your looks, but no, it's not a 390 BB

it's a tiny, little...

<h1><font color="green">428 ci Super Cobra JET</H1></font>

...came standard in the 2001 Stealth RT/TT

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
N2 TRBL said:

Well, you can't help your looks, but no, it's not a 390 BB

it's a tiny, little...

<h1><font color="green">428 ci Super Cobra JET</H1></font>

...came standard in the 2001 Stealth RT/TT
Why'd you have to get a car with such a small engine? I mean a 428? Don't be a pussy, get a 460 with a blower on there and be a real man.

;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.