Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/gals, how ya all been?
i want to have an idea, on something, maybe some people can help me with a question, i have.
whats the maximum supported HP can the 1st gen stealth 3si
hold up to before, the crank/rods/and all else starts to break?
i want to have an idea on what to expect on my 2 bold main or get a 4 bolt main/
i was told that i should hold up to 850hp before, distorsion, of the crank, , can any one help me on this,
thanks.
dr.phill

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I have no hard facts to support this, but I would feel confident up to 600HP. Then I would want to do forged pistons. It might very well go higher than that.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Your first big problem is gonna be the transmission. Rebuilt from kormex are $2500 i think, and they are "harder than stock."

I don't think you are going to run much over 600hp on stock internals. The only reason I say that is because thats like 18-20psi, and thats what i've always heard as max boost on stock internals.

.jon

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
well looking at your mods i don't think you look very stock at all. So i would say you could easily support over 600 hp.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crank type

hey all,
reason asked what HP i can maxed out of my stock block is
because i have a 2 bolt main block , and wanted to have an idea, if this can handle the power, or do i try getting, a block witha 4 bolt main/?, now i would, love to save on money, and keep, the
stock system, i just want to shotpeen the crank, and maybe get some ,ross/crower, or even just shotpeen, the rods and see
what will happen, , im not sure, if it will break, or if this, setup
cen get me about 650HP, that what im looking, to acheive.
all opinions are welcome.
thanks.
dr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts