Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got default email when I subscribe set to "no" in my profile. I'm still getting emails for any/all threads I'm subscribed to. I want to see updates on the 3SI profile page but don't need an email for every new post. Is there a way to subscribe to threads without being emailed ??

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Make sure that the email notification box is NOT checked every time you post a reply. It's in the options right under the message you are typing.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still causing email to come in

I have made sure on my posts NOT to check "Email Notification" and (as posted previously) I have turned off that option from my profile settings. This is getting problematic. Admin ??

Anyone else have this problem ??

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
It's not in your profile page, it's at the bottom when you're actually posting a message. In the "options" part on the left of the screen. <-----

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ack

Guys, listen. I'm looking at the options checkboxes when I post -- right now for instance. The Email Notification box is NOT checked.

Further, in the profile options, the default FOR THAT SAME OPTION is to not be checked. But I am receiving emails for every thread I'm subscribed to. I'm stumped - not stupid. :)

Because the default is to NOT check that box, I'd have to check that box to get email. But I use the board from several machines. Is it possible that the options are stored locally (different machines *could* have different settings - though I didnt set it up like that on purpose)Could THAT be the problem ?? (that's all I can think of right now)

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Call me dumb but what exactly does "subscribing" do?

To me it sounds like you would be asking to be notified of new posts, etc.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What it does

By clicking "receive updates to this thread" at the bottom of a thread, you can have a note show up on your "profile" screen. That way, you can follow all threads you're interested in without weeding through all the new threads or searching all the different forums. Truth be told, though, most often I find I'm using the 'view all active threads' option anyway.

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
As far as the board software is conserned subscribing and getting e-mails are the same thing.

There is no setting to change this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts