Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Twin Turbo Owner
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if I assemble this in my house will i be able to swing it out the door....no trans on...just the longblock....vr4 one to be exact

just wondering if anyone knows if it will fit

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
An assembled longblock is just under 24" wide and about 18" tall. It should easily fit through any exterior door.

·
Twin Turbo Owner
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D :D :D A question only asked by a single man.... :lol3: :lol3:

Is it on an engine stand? how are you going to transport it outside..?
lift it? its on wheels......two ppl can easily do it....just wondering if it will fit

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
That was the point of my question.... Does your engine stand fit through your door...?
Doesn't matter. An assembled long block is only about 200#'s. Two guys can pick them up an carry them around quit easily.

·
Black Ops IT
5,159 Posts
Doesn't matter. An assembled long block is only about 200#'s. Two guys can pick them up an carry them around quit easily.
There's no way with turbos and all.... Two of us tried carrying just the block and it was heavy as hell. I've carried things that are 100lb's no problem. The block alone was WAY heavier than that.

We need a picture of it on a scale so we can clear this up!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
thats a lie. The shortblock alone assembled is like 150. I think each head was like anoher 35 - 40lbs i weighed them but i dont remember the exact weights.

9bs and stock manifolds are pretty light. Id put our long block at over 300lbs easily. I remember the shortblock being MUCH heavier than my NA tranny

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
thats a lie. The shortblock alone assembled is like 150. I think each head was like anoher 35 - 40lbs i weighed them but i dont remember the exact weights.

9bs and stock manifolds are pretty light. Id put our long block at over 300lbs easily. I remember the shortblock being MUCH heavier than my NA tranny
300lbs? pfffffft i can bench that :p

·
Registered
309 Posts
He's a convincing spammer. Quoted a spam post in one thread and posted his own in another. Admins should ban the account \ ip but I think they are just deleting offending posts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts