Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is a dumb question or not.. but when drag racing your car, do you ever get off the gas? even when shifting? ive seen people go down the track and their car's would nosedive when they shift. my cuz went to the track in his camaro ss and swears by never taking your foot off the floor during the race. his car revs to all hell for the small fraction of a sec that his clutch is in, but he claims he has gotten better times because of this.. and he actually has. i was just wondering if those who race their 3000gt/stealths keep their foot to the floor at all times as well, or still get off the gas while shifting. thanks.

·
1,054 Posts
I dont take it off but you will want to let up alittle .Keeping it to the floor doesnt help ,When you see cars nose dive bad thats just the driver not being fast enough sifting to the next gear .When drag racing the biggest thing after you start is changing gears . It takes practice . if you can get changing gears down fast i dont see any reason to keep the gas floored when racing . my 2 cents

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
I've never thought about it (I'm sitting in chair pretending to be in car, making engine sounds and shifting in mid-air) I am pretty sure I let up just slightly, but only for about the length of time it takes to move the shifter from one gear to another. I'm back hard on the gas about the time I start to release the clutch. I know I'm not revving sky high at any point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.