Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so today I drove around and I tried practicing my launches. I got a couple good ones but for the most part my launches sucked. I've read just about every post on launching on the forums over the last hour and I really haven't come across anything conclusive.

Some poeple say drop the clutch at around 2.5-3k. Others say to 'feather' it. I'm not really sure what it means to feather the clutch but I'm guessing that it means to sorta hold it just below where it engages and then let it slip a bit? I'm really not sure. I tried so many different combinations of stuff and nothing really seemed to give me a solid launch. Anyone wanna share their tips? Wickeddrew? Maybe we can come up with something conclusive.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did search...in fact if you read my post you'd see that I've read just about every thread on launching that I could find. Everyone seems to say something different about launching and I'm really not sure what works.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Feather it at 2-2.5k and make sure you don't floor it too soon, works for me (multiple 2.3 and a few 2.2 60' times)

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
i always did a 3K SLIP.

youd have to practice it. You want to be on the line of Spinning em and not.

;)

Worked in my n/a. At hte top of 1st there would be trail of smoke from the tires.
;)

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
PM WICKEDDREW, he seems to be the MAN for launching and having good times @ the track. He gives good advice and is very experienced

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
With a stock flywheel, do a full clutch drop at 2000rpm, then try 2500, then try 3000. Go as high as you can go without spinning. You only want a little chirp.

With a light flywheel, you'll bog if you try to dump it. Rev to 2500-3000, slip the clutch out slowly while revving to keep your rpm's above 2500-3000. The rpm's should never drop below that level. Once the tach hits about 4000, release the clutch fully and floor the gas. If you spin, you have too much air in your tires or need wider/stickier tires. I pull 2.2's all day and have pulled a few 2.19's. Hell, you can bog it off the line at 2000rpm and still pull <2.3.

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
6k, drop...spin...blow up...and laugh at yourself

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts