Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Number one, the Larch.

True or false - all Stealths have exhaust on the driver's side only, except the turbo, which has a second one on the passenger side.

I'm pretty sure that's true.

So, the real question - does the same hold for the 3000, that they all have single exhaust, and only the VR4 has dual? It seems like every 3000 I see in the suburbs of KC has exhaust on both driver's *and* passenger's side, and I can't really believe that everybody and his brother here is driving a VR4.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think the only 3000s with single exhausts are the SOHC models. I've actually never seen a single exhaust 3000 that was stock.

B

·
0 Posts
That concept still does not help if the driver of the stealth put in an aftermarket dual exhaust.

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
That's pretty much all true. I have never seen a 3000 with single exhaust, and I'm sure that they are all dual. If there isn't a lable on the back passenger side, it's most likely a Base, but could be anything. On stealths, 93 and earlier have single exhaust except for TT, and after market dual exhaust on a NA Stealth is HIGHLY unlikely since the rear fascia would have to be cut to get the exhaust to the other side. Pipe supports are also probably non existant on the passenger side. I did see one case on a 95 while I was looking for a new stealth, and it had dual exhaust, but no turbo. I think that maybe 94 and up have dual exhaust on all R/Ts, turbo and NA.

Jason
92 Stealth R/T TT

·
1,377 Posts
All 3000GT's have dual exhaust no matter which model. All Stealths up to 94 have single exhaust except for TT. 94 and up Stealth R/Ts have dual exhaust as well as the TTs

B

·
0 Posts
I have a 91 r/t with a borla installed. All brackets needed came with the exhaust, and I got the bumper cut out on the notches for $30. Looks great too.

But yea, you all seem to be correct about the usual setup for the exhausts on our cars.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I thought the first Gen Stealth R/Ts were mechanically identical to the first gen SLs. So the SLs have duel exhaust and the R/Ts have single? Are there horsepower differences to go along with the different exhausts?

Gotta admit I never really paid attention to the N/A exhaust setups since I have a TT heheh.

Another method I use to distinguish Turbos and N/As from a distance is the wheels. The Turbo wheels are noticibly wider even at a distance.

H

·
0 Posts
Another way to distinguish the TT's is they are usually in front of you and tend to stay that way.
HOWIE RD95SL

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Hey, I know these cars like the back of my hand.

All NA Stealths(Base, ES, RT) Had single exhausts.

All 3000s have Dual Exhausts

I have seen a number of Stealth R/Ts that just buy the passenger side exhaust outlets. (on the R/Ts you can just cut out a part of the Rear bumper and it would look fine).

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT Base

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just went to the garage to double check my '94 Stealth R/T. It's bone stock & is
single exhaust on the drivers side. I bought it 4 months ago from original lady owner
with 27000 miles on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts