Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I give up. How do you remove the trim panel around the radio (Cassette/CD/equalizer type on VR4)? I have to get the serial number in order to get the codes to enter since I had to change my battery. Of course the previous owner never had the codes and never had to change the battery. I've removed all the screws and side panels I thought the manual was telling me to, but there must be more to it. I can't get the console away from the radio portion enough to get a grip on the plastic trim (border). If I can get that out, I'll be able to get at the screws to remove the radio, to get at the serial numbers in the back. Do I need to take the A/C module out too?
I'm sure someone here must have gone through this before. What a pain. If anyone could tell me the secret, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks, Carey. '95VR4

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did this one week ago. It sounds to me like you're do way to much. All you need to do is take a small flat-head screw driver and pry out the plastic pannel around the deck. I found that it comes out very easy if you pry from the bottom, gently lifting it on each of the sides near the corners. It should pop off eventually and then all you'll have to do is unscrew the 4 screws holding the deck in and pull the deck out so that you can see the SN and part number. You shouldn't have to touch the center counsel at all, at least not for a 97 VR-4. Good luck.

Matt

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll try the screwdriver thing. I just don't want to ding anything. I'll feel like a fool if that's all I needed to do. -Carey
Update - It worked! Thanks again! - Carey

[This message has been edited by CareyP (edited December 03, 1999).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts