Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Exotics Only
8,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done almost everything to try and fix my anti-theft, does anyone have an easy way to disengage it so that it doesnt even work? my neighbor got all pissed at me cuz my alarm would go buck wild all night and woke everyone up, so im just gonna disengage it, what wires do i need to dick with? thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
not sure

im not sure man, but try yankin the fuse(s) i doubt this helps since im sure then it will be ignition protected, my car did this this winter, what would happen, i think was that the water from snow would melt and go into my door weather striping, then would freeze, expand and make the sensor think the door was being opened, so it freaked, followed by me running out to my car in the snow at 3:21 in the moring:(, and some morinings i would get up and my head lights would be up, not on, just up, and i was like wtf so if i opened the door with the remote, the alarm would should when i pulled the handle, but if i used the key, it would make the lights go down, since thats how u turn it off, duh

sorry i didnt help much,
a later

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ok mine done that twice. But it was as soon as I set it. but the problem was in the driver door switch on the door frame it had some dirt in the ruber cover so was not pushing in all the way. Fig it out one morn when i whent out and my inside light was on and that dam buzz noise was on and when I thouched to door they whent off them came back on when I let off and the door was shut but the switch was just open a bit. So I fixed the switch.

And I did hear if you slam the door alot the switch can break.

·
Registered
439 Posts
There is absolutely no fuse to pull to turn the alarm off. Most of the time it is your hood pinswitch that needs to be adjusted. Try adjusting your black hood stoppers so the hood fits more snug. The only way I have heard of disengaging the alarm is to disconnect the sensor/wire that goes to you door so the alarm never arms itself when you leave the car, but you also loose the domelight coming on when you open the door. Do a search for more info on that.

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
You cannot disable it by pulling a fuse or relay. The system is integrated into the ECM.

Mine was doing the exact same thing-it was the hood switch on the passenger side. Just tweak it up some.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Mine alarm's been acting up lately too. I park, lock the door, and about 15 minutes later, the alarm starts going off. Have to check the hood and door switches.

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
I found some sort of after market alarm/remote start system in my car...I wasn't sure of it's purpose really, and since I knew it wasn't OEM, I oulled it.

Could this be the reason why my car doesn't start if it was in fact a alarm/keyless entry system?

My car cranks but won't fire...

·
Creator of weird stuff...
4,114 Posts
Maybe. Trace the wires from the unit you pulled and see if any of the wires were cut. The may have needed to cut stock wires in order for the anti-theft on the aftermarket system to function properly. I doubt it would be the cause as they usually wire them in to kill the starter. Always a good idea to check though.

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have checked to make sure any of the OEM wires that were used were re-connected. For instance, there were two wires of the ignition connector (blue and black connector) underneath the steering wheel and those two wires were used with the aftermarket unit. I removed the after market system and resoldered the two OEM wires back.

Thanks,
TP

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
The oil pump is mechanical

As long as the engine is turning over you should get some oil

It does take a while though (15-20 seconds of continuous starter)

As for the alarm I would try any of the disable areas by turning the key in any of the closed doors or trunk to disarm the system then you can disable. If it is armed it won't start until you disarm it.

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
I just found out my fp is not getting power. I cranked it for 3 minutes (with rest every 6-8 seconds per crank) and I pulled the fuel line, and the line is dry...I wouldn't expect that if I had been cranking that long.

I tested the fuel pump, and the fuel pump does work.

Kibwe, can you elaborate on this sentence: As for the alarm I would try any of the disable areas by turning the key in any of the closed doors or trunk to disarm the system then you can disable.

How does the antitheft work? Does it cut power to the fuel pump?

·
4,114 Posts
If the car cranks then it has nothing to do with the stock alarm. The stock system disables the car from actually cranking over. If you are able to crank it them I would look somewhere else. It's one of three things: Fuel, Air or Spark. Which one are you not getting?

Hopefully it's not Air as you may have some BIG issues... :)

·
4,114 Posts
Stock alarm disengages the starting relay to stop it from cranking over. Hotwire your fuel pump and see if that fixes the issue. Your Fuel pump relay may be toast...

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
If the car cranks then it has nothing to do with the stock alarm. The stock system disables the car from actually cranking over. If you are able to crank it them I would look somewhere else. It's one of three things: Fuel, Air or Spark. Which one are you not getting?

Hopefully it's not Air as you may have some BIG issues... :)
hahaha, yea, I'd call it quits and will hand over the keys to a stranger if it was an air issue..lol.

Stock alarm disengages the starting relay to stop it from cranking over. Hotwire your fuel pump and see if that fixes the issue. Your Fuel pump relay may be toast...
Thank you. Now I know it's not my alarm. My fuel pump is not getting power. I disconnected the 14mm/19mm fuel line bolts from underneath the tank and I was suprised I wasn't drenched with gasoline--my lines are dry.

I then tested the fp by connecting it to the battery, and the FP does work. It made a whirling noise.

Holy thread ressurection batman!
I know:) I try not to post threads whenever I can. I like to research first, and if I can't find the answer, then I'll post.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts