Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was curios to know my 91 vr-4 chassis number and original engine serial number.
They are bot in a condition to be read…
Is there a way to get that information some other way?
Perhaps by the VIN number?
Thanks

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,654 Posts
The chassis number plate is on the Firewall. This site shows the location and explains some of the information:
3000GT Spyder VIN Locations

There is no separate serial number. The last 6 or so digits of the VIN acts like a serial number. All VIN's are unique, are one of a kind.
The engine has the VIN stamped on it. Crappy picture, but the 2nd post in this thread shows the location:
Engine VIN Location

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chassis number plate is on the Firewall. This site shows the location and explains some of the information:
3000GT Spyder VIN Locations

There is no separate serial number. The last 6 or so digits of the VIN acts like a serial number. All VIN's are unique, are one of a kind.
The engine has the VIN stamped on it. Crappy picture, but the 2nd post in this thread shows the location:
Engine VIN Location
Thank you, but this is not quite what i meant…
The numbers on the engine block and chassis are unreadable, is there any other place to figure them out?
or are they only in the place mentioned on the owners manual?
If they are in bad condition and cannot be read they will be unknown for ever?

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,654 Posts
The VIN on the dashboard is unreadable? You must not have a Title either. If the vehicle has ever been registered the VIN is on the registration . Your insurance company will have it too. Nowadays cars have literally hundreds of VIN stickers, but back then, no.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The VIN on the dashboard is unreadable? You must not have a Title either. If the vehicle has ever been registered the VIN is on the registration . Your insurance company will have it too. Nowadays cars have literally hundreds of VIN stickers, but back then, no.
Its not the vin number that is unreadable, its the engine and chassis serial numbers…

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,654 Posts
Its not the vin number that is unreadable, its the engine and chassis serial numbers…
The VIN is what is stamped on the engine, nothing else. Most of the chassis information can be derived from the VIN. Did you try using the VIN Storyteller on 3shub.com? (under Free Tools). If that doesn't tell you what you want to know then pm me your VIN and I tell you the Chassis information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And i
The VIN is what is stamped on the engine, nothing else. Most of the chassis information can be derived from the VIN. Did you try using the VIN Storyteller on 3shub.com? (under Free Tools). If that doesn't tell you what you want to know then pm me your VIN and I tell you the Chassis information.
thank you very much for the help,
I am trying to figure out the SERIAL numbers.
Is there a site to figure out the engines serial number?

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,654 Posts
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you don't understand.
I have told you there is not a separate serial number for the engine.
I have told you that the end digits of the VIN are considered the serial number for the vehicle (and engine and transmission)
I have told you that the vehicle VIN is stamped on the engine and where.
Below is a Model Code key that is specific for the Twin Turbo Engine models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts