Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Snakes on a Helicopter!
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first stealth and it doesn't have a manual (it's a 92 RT TT) I just needed to know how much oil it holds.

·
Snakes on a Helicopter!
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you stealth94rttt that is a big help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
too much oil bad

If you put too much oil in the car then the crankshaft will churn up the oil and you will get air in the oil, it will foam and you can damage the engine because you are trying to lubricate it with air. Do not overfill, the full line on the dipstick assuming you have the correct dipstick for the car is where you want it.

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
1st things first. The 1st gen models do require 5 quarts of oil. Second off putting in to much oil DOES NOT HURT THE MOTOR. It sure is sad how everyone always believes the dumbest rumors. No overfilling your motor with oil does not blow out seals, it does not ruin your piston rings and this whole part about the crank sloshing around in the oil and aerating(sp) that part is true that it does add air to the oil but when you make a bubble under water where does it go? It goes to the surface. Where does the oil pump pick up oil? At the BOTTOM OF THE PAN! Overfilling a motor with oil doesnt hurt a thing.
sean

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
Theres no reason for you to be an ass about things b/c you disagree with them. How much do you honestly know about cars or how many classes/jobs have you had where you work with them?

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
I read everything on it. Now prove me wrong. You prove to me how it is going to damage the motor. You tell me the personal reasons you think will actually go wrong with the motor having to much oil and I will prove you wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts