Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much hp/tq do the 1st gen twin turbo's put down to the ground has anyone had a dyno run with a stock setup? Thanks guys
sean

·
Bored User
8,534 Posts
Those numbers are deceiving if you are comparing them to RW or FWHP, though A 2-wheel drive car weighing 3800lb's would only run ~15 sec 1/4 mile with only ~220 wheel horsepower. As we all know, a healthy, well-driven stock 1st gen VR-4 should run a high 13.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Somewhere around 220-240 awhp.

Heck there were a guy who ran 13.6 in his bone stock 91 vr4.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
yeah, we don't put a TON to the ground stock- however another thing to look at is the curve on that 230AWHP.

A bone stock 93 Cobra could put like 215 to the wheels, in a lighter car and still the best I've ever heard is 14.1

An LT1 Z28 had 275 rated, like 230 to the wheels, and rarely if ever broke into the 13's bone stock.

We use EVERY drop of power we can, and it seems to still defy a little physics from time to time :)

Now- a BC- suddenly you are looking at like 280+ to the wheels... nice little jump

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well from what I have seen the 1st gens put more like 210 to 220 at the best to all four. I've seen as low as 205. The 2nd gens are a bit more like 220 to 230 and a couple of 235's but not many. The debate of how much drivetrain loss is sucked from our cars has been discussed many times over and over but in stock form if what Mitsubishi told us is true and they really make 300 or 320 to the motor depending on wich gen you have then you are looking at a 28% to 30% loss through the drivetrain. I find that hard to believe but who really knws what they really make to the motor until soemone hoks one of these things up to a engine dyno.

Joe

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Mike- we are actually looking into a totalled VR4 (serious rear damage) that we can rip the front apart and make ourselves a firewall/harness setup so we can run the TT motors on an engine dyno while they are out of the car :)

A little fun project that may fall by the way side, but it is being worked on. We really do need some engine dyno numbers- I can hardly believe 28% loss- but then again, the amount of difference that occurs with UDP, Light flywheel and CFDS is amazing- truly what you'd expect from lightening up a car with that much loss %.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.