Registered
552 Posts
Somewhere around $7K

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
copper2002 said:
Somewhere around $7K

thats a really low price, I'd say expect around 10k+ advertised price.

Matt

·
Registered
227 Posts
Unless you're really set on a 3000gt, i'd consider looking at a stealth. I was originally looking for a 3000gt but they were so much more than my stealth. I got a '93 ES with less than 100k on it for 6500, and its super clean. It isn't the same, but i'm glad i chose it now. You can save 2-3 grand easy and while that doesn't sound like a lot, it is when you start considering the mods it'll buy i.e. downpipe, flywheel, intake, wheels etc. Just my .02, though. Good luck and hope you find one!

Paul

·
Registered
29 Posts
It depends on were you buy it from (dealer versus private party) dealer is going to be more expensive. It depends on the condition of the car, and any extras, mods etc. Also it depends what area of the country your buying the car from (supply and demand) I have a "94 Mitsubishi 3000GT excellent condition, I would want at least $12,000 for mine, with 87,000 miles. So yeah, anywere from $7,000 and up, but if they are selling it for only $7,000, thats pretty cheap, I would be concerned. Sometimes you get what you pay for.:bandit:

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
I would take it if I found that price, if it were in decent condtion.

Matt

·
Registered
29 Posts
If it's all stock, I would say yea! If it has mods, and is in good shape, I would say, thats a good deal.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i got my 91 stealth for 7000, but i also got all the service records and it has when i bought it 86,000 miles on it

·
Registered
852 Posts
hey,
i got my 1994 base 3000gt for about 7k at 83k miles. i know you guys are talking about an SL, but just like to tell you about my experience. the car came good and runs fine. so, all in all... sometimes the good deals are out there. GOOD LUCK THOUGH!

Tom

·
Registered
847 Posts
Check Kelly blue book for used car retail value vs. trade-in value.

3000GT's can cost more than your normal car.

My 1999 SL = $18,600 however

trade-in value = $16000
used retail = $24000

·
Registered
208 Posts
my 91 3000gt sl was 3k from ford.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The yellow one in my sig was $6900 in perfect condition except for a busted bolster on the drivers seat.

My current car was $7500 and is in much better condition and came with the mods listed, it did have higher mileage though.

·
TPW Educator
1,602 Posts
My 97SL cost me $22K back in late 99 with 32K miles.
I would love to get $12 for it considering the condition its in, the maintnece I've done + mods. But, my mileage throws that out the window... I'm up to 132K now... I know 100K in 3 years. Hey, at least it's all highway miles:rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ouch!!!!!!:confused: On the yellow car

Looks like you found a good deal on your other car, with all those mods, Dank.

3000SL95, good deals are out there, Happy Hunting

·
Electrical Whiz
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've been finding so many great deals on exactly what i'm looking for and i want the car so bad but the problem is i won't have the money till i am able to sell my civic, do you guys have any suggestions on how to sell my car fast and for a reasonable amount of money?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stick it an autotrader, I've heard good things about them. A buddy just sold his '96 3000GT SL through autotrader. He's Upgradding to a VR4

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.