Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to mod my '91 es, and need to know the gains from bigger injectors. I am also thinking about nos, but I don't know how much is "safe". any help?

thanks, Chad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I own a 96 maxima and what I did was to put a fuel pressure riser...that help a bit at WOT...but unless you own a VR4 or stealth TT getting larger injectors won't help unless you get NOS...larger injectors on your es will just help you put a big hole on your wallet my friend...take care!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Agreed. Bigger injectors are only justified for increased fuel needs. Remember, your computer will only allow the amount of fuel that is required to support the 14.7 :1 air /fuel ratio. Try to trick it with bigger injectors unnecessarily, and it will slow down the injector cycling,fuel pressure may also no longer be correct and the engine will start to throw fits. This is not like the days of putting on a bigger carbuerator for more power (many of those guys also learned that bigger is not always better). Focus on getting more air into your car, and more exhaust out before looking at fuel supply.
How much NOS is safe? None. Unless your system is really tight, if you have a fuel pressure drop for any reason with NOS in the system, prepare to watch a piston go thru your hood. Fortunatley, today they have all sorts of relief and purge valves for NOS that will shut you down before any damage occurs should something go wrong. But nothing is infallible.

[This message has been edited by Diablo (edited December 07, 1999).]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I almost dropped $200 on a used set. This is my first stealth and I don't know much about them yet. Without this message board I would be so lost.

thanks again, chad

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,563 Posts
$200 for a used set of what? 440cc or 550cc? I bet there's a ton of people out there who'd be only sooooo happy to drop that amount over the $500 for a new set!!! Let us know!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts