Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

how much are o2 sensors?

540 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Paul H. 
#1 ·
I was thinking about changing mine, but my mechanic said he wouldn't be too surprised if they were $200 apiece :eek: We have 2 of them on tt cars, correct?

#2 ·
or are there 4 ?
at mitsupartsdirect.com, they listed front left, front right, upstream, downstream
about $65 a piece

#4 ·
then which 2 are they?

here's what the quote was:

If you need help e-mail parts@rockvillmitsubishi.com or call

This information has been provided for price estimation only. There is no guarentee or warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Part Application Usage Part Number Description Bin Qty List Sale Order
OXYGEN seNSOR EXHAUST 3.0 TURBO MD164423 SENSOREN TEST 0 $ 80.42 $ 64.34
FRONT LEFT

OXYGEN seNSOR EXHAUST 3.0 TURBO MD164424 Special Order - Would you like us to send you a price quote?
FRONT RIGHT

OXYGEN seNSOR EXHAUST 3.0 TURBO MD305149 SENSOREN TEST 0 $ 82.80 $ 66.24
RR. DOWNSTREAM

OXYGEN seNSOR EXHAUST 3.0 TURBO MD305147 SENSOREN TEST 0 $ 80.42 $ 64.34
RR. UPSTREAM

#6 ·
so which 2 of the 4 listed do I use for my non OBD anything car?

#7 ·
I was trying to find out the same thing. I wanted to replace mine, but could not get a definite answer about my 95 (early year with manual sunroof and ECS) if it had 2 or 4. Anyone know for sure and if 2, which ones?

#8 ·
I believe 2nd-gen cars have 4, 1st-gen have 2. I have a '91 TT and I have two (02 housing right after turbo). Cars that are '94+ (maybe it's actually '95+ for OBDII) have two more in the downpipe area I think. I'm wondering whether or not to replace mine as well. I stripped one out of my old precat (have DN performance precat eliminators) and didn't even try to take the other one out. I figure mine are probably at LEAST 70k old (they may be original, but I'm not sure if that's even possible with my mileage).

-Chris Wood

#9 ·
ttt

#10 ·
Out of CAPS with my VIN I get:

MD164422 right bank (front)
MD164423 left bank (rear)

About 90$ each at http://www.partznet.com/

#11 ·
thanks riskeavr4 :)

#13 ·
#14 ·
so they are the same parts for a turbo and a non-turbo? If anyone has their vin # handy from a '91 VR4, please pm it to me. thanks

#15 ·
I got a VIN, so nevermind w/ that request :D

#16 ·
I have to admit I'm starting to lean more towards the ACT clutch also.

#17 ·
I just checked carparts.com, and they have NGK O2 sensors for 136 bucks for an N/A. They have OE style for 36. Would there be a difference? How many do the N/A's need??

#18 ·
I can't find the o2 sensor for our car on Carparts.com Do you have a part #?

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.