Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I quickly found out rims are alot harder to come by on a TT as opposed to my NA. Bayz(Zack) bought my 18" Modas last week so I started shopping around. I wanted SSR's but on a commuter $3K would not be to smart on California roads:( So I shopped and shopped and decided to get a new set of Moda R6's but this time I went 19*9 w/245*35*19 Bridgestone Potenza's I'm curious how many of us have 19"s on our cars. and what kind

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
There are a few people with 19s. Matt (the one with the 19" AVS model 5s) has 19" rims. They look good but the price of the tires made me choose 18s.

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
I regret not getting 19's.:crying2:

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
19's look ok unless they are the 5 star design. Then they look to big.

matt's look good because they fill the gap but don't look to BIG. Plus he has a drop.

Someone on here has some 5 star design on a 99 or 99 look a like and it looks like his car is raised.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the math before I bought them and the wheels are only .4" bigger with the new tires. Heres what I went from
18*8.8 w/245*40*18
19*9 w/245*35*19
I'll have them on by tonight going to Americas tire to have them mount the tires on the rims and when I get home my Stealth will be on 19"S:D

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Darktrail said:
19's look ok unless they are the 5 star design. Then they look to big.

matt's look good because they fill the gap but don't look to BIG. Plus he has a drop.

Someone on here has some 5 star design on a 99 or 99 look a like and it looks like his car is raised.

-Jeff
That's just a matter of opinion.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
The guy with the silver 99 conversion'd SL has Moda R6-19's on his car I believe

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dominick is the one who posted all the info about making the 19"s fit. I had to order wheels for a Lexus ES400 and center rings for a 92 3KGT. Test fitted them last night and they fit perfect. Dominick also has a nice NA who has them on a TT

·
I am the 1.85% =
2,362 Posts
Hey Teddy

Keep an eye on those American Tire Co. people. They double torqued my lugs and it snapped off three wheel studs. I never got a dime out of them to fix my car. Just a heads up though i'm sure it was just my usual bad luck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sounds like what happened to me at Town Fair tire. They installed the wrong lug nuts and snapped off 4 of my studs. My car would shake like crazy over speeds of 50 mph. The wheels were loose due to the improper lugs.:eek: Luckily they ordered me the correct lugs and overnited them and fixed my wheel studs for free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts