Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing my 60k Saturday. How long does it take to do the job for someone that has a good mechanical ability?
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
557 Posts
lets go!!!!!we need this plane now!!!!Your not done with that fuel control yet!!!!!!!!!!.......oh shit ,sorry guys forgot where i was:p dude,who cares how long it takes you,just as long as you do it right.;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I care. I am going to start tonight. I need to get it done by tomorrow evening sometime. I am hoping to race a Solo2 race Sunday.
Aaron

·
Registered
557 Posts
Then get off the f****n computer and get to work!!!!!!!!......boy that sounds familar!

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
have you considered replacing the oil pump too? might not be a bad idea. I tell you what, I did my first 60k service with the engine out of the car. It would have been tuff to do it with the engine in the car (the first time). You know what gets me is that damn plastic timing belt cover! Good luck.

·
Registered
557 Posts
hey matt think u mean water pump....don't you?

·
Registered
557 Posts
well,whatever matt meant,...change your water pump while you have the belt off.....it's easier and u won't have to take your belt back off if your pump should fail......usually they do around 75k

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am doing the waterpump too. The only thing I am not doing is replacing the two pulleys. I havent received them yet and I MUST get the timing belt changed before I race Sunday. I will have to go back in to replace the pulleys some other time. Some people like to do the oilpump just in case. I have the same oil pressure as a brand new oil pump so why bother.
Aaron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts