Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
I've never heard of any problems with higher mileage LS1's. Some early LS1's had an oil pump problem but I believe it was pretty isolated. I know there are several on LS1.com that have well over 100k miles with no reported problems.

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Powelsound said:
I've never heard of any problems with higher mileage LS1's. Some early LS1's had an oil pump problem but I believe it was pretty isolated. I know there are several on LS1.com that have well over 100k miles with no reported problems.
Cool, so $15k would be a good deal, esp for 25k miles?

Also, are the back seats bigger than a 3000gt? I need to fit small kids back there.

Ryan

·
5,179 Posts
RS VR-4 said:

Cool, so $15k would be a good deal, esp for 25k miles?

Also, are the back seats bigger than a 3000gt? I need to fit small kids back there.

Ryan
The back seats are about the same but with a little more leg room if you keep the front seats up.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
15k is a steal for that car! The back seats are MUCH more usable than the 3/S. They are easier to get in and out of and there is actually some semblance of leg room.

·
Jr Tech
1,071 Posts
I seen quite a few of the earlier ones with about 70k and knocking motors. But doesn't seem to be an issue as much now. I had a 98 z28, pretty good running cars, ran 13.6 with a different airbox as the only mod, 3.42 gears. I'm seriously considering getting another in the next year. Do some shopping around, this time of year, prices are down.

·
former 3s owner :**
2,561 Posts
LS1's are awesome for milage, they seem to not have issues if the person took care of the car. :)

that looks to be a great deal! :D

im me @ neophytal if you have any other ls1 questions, i know a ton about those cars.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I will field questions on LS1's as well. I trade off days between my 2001 LS1 WS6 and 1992 VR4. Both are good cars.

Get an M6. or a TC if you get A4.

-Jed

BTW 15K for a 98 WS6 is a pretty good price. make sure everything is on the up-and-up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts