Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the deal.

I pull up to a stop light on kind of a cop-happy road. Whats right next to me? a fuckin trans am. it wasnt a newer model, maybe a 94-95.

I get all happy since its a guy driving a car and not a girl, i roll down my window and point towards the light and he smiles.

Light turns green and we both start rolling at about 5mph (not wanting to make any noise from burning out)

He punches it first and i follow, right from the start he had a half a car length+ on me, he shifted while i was still in first and right then i got that half a car length back. after i shifted he got the half a car length lead again,.

We ended up me being a half a car length ahead at 90mph (30mph speed limit)

whats the deal with that?

(and for the people that dont believe shit, almost all my friends have some form of f-bodies with v6's, some modded. they dont even almost keep up, i KNOW this was a v8 and not just by the "trans am" on the back)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ntenz said:

Interesting...
heh

come to a little college town like mine

all you see are mustangs and camaros with girls driving.

its a fuckin RARITY to find a car that even resembles a sports car and have a guy driving.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
I think he's saying you go for the mens. :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
akira410 said:
I think he's saying you go for the mens. :D
i knew that

(eidt, drunk and computers dont mix_

·
Bored User
1992 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
1,146 Posts
Well, I guess good kill? By the way, don't wink at me or something when you see "Twin Turbo" or "VR-4" if someone like myself or another individual pulls up next to you. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn

theres no way to say it without sounding gay.

:( :(

THE PUSSY IS GOOD.

·
Registered
121 Posts
manxk said:
damn

theres no way to say it without sounding gay.

:( :(

THE PUSSY IS GOOD.
I can think of a few ways to say it without anyone questioning your manhood. SOme of those F-body's have work on them. S/C maybe??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Manxk,

What kind of car do you have and what year? VR4 or N/A? Judging from your pics....looks like somewhere between a '94 and a '96. Do you have any mods or are you running stock? Auto or Stick?
Need a little more info to make sense of it all.

If you have a VR4, then I'm not surprised you beat him. If you have a N/A, then I commend you on a kill well done!!

·
F orum Whore/troll
847 Posts
maybe it was an auto. i guess it had the batman wing on it?

V

·
0 Posts
Yeah man,
very nice kill.You know how to bring your car to its maximum
performance.:cool:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Nice Kill....and I will be the first to say it.... " One more for the N/A guys "....HEHE:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
How is what possible?

"How did he keep up?"
OR
"How did I win?"

I'm confused. Is your 3000GT a base, SL, or VR4?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
For those years it doesn't matter for base or SL since they both have the same engine.. the base would be lighter though
what can I say, maybe he didn't know how to drive. We are not disputing that the trans am is a much faster car :)

A

·
0 Posts
slasher48 said:

"... The combination was reliable as an anvil."

"After a disappointing season with a short-lived naturally-aspirated 406, ..."
Here's a little bit that followed, which you obviously didn't get to.

"I took it to the track the next week where it ran a 10.18 at 138 with a 1.60 right off the trailer." Was he still happy? Not exactly. "The converter was way too tight, and caused a bog off the line." Another call to ATI secured him an 8-inch converter. The bog was gone, but now the car was spinning the tires on every pass. I knew I had a suspension problem, but couldn't find the cause." In spite of the 28X12.5 ET Streets, the car just refused to hook.

A move to a smaller blower pulley put the car within a hair's breadth of the nines: 10.001 at 140 mph.

At any extent, I think you know what I meant by the post. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
whoops

forgot about my own thread.

i had a base (keyword HAD, i trading that bitch in for a 92 stealth TT tommorow)

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Well... this is most likely a dead horse... but when I used to cruise with Caleb in his 96 SL... auto... we'd surprize a Z28 now and again... about like your race... dunno why... some guys just can't drive.

Then again... with Drew running his to a what 14.4? it's less surprizing...

also- I did beat several stock or mostly stock LT1 fbods without 2nd gear (1st and 3rd- my 2nd gear synchro was WAY out) and I think there were a lot more "slow" lt1's than there are "slow" ls1's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts