Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering lowering my 94 R/T with some eibach springs and wondered how hard it was to install these.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i installed them on my sl. it took me a good day(since i had no idea what i was doing). it was not as hard as i thought it would be. the only special tool you will need is a spring compressor. i got mine at auto zone for $40. if you need any pointers e-mail me.
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will HAVE to have a spring compressor to get things back together. And an alignment is a must afterwards as well. Dont worry to much if she steers a little wierd at first but take it right in to have it aligned after you install the springs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Are these things really that easy to change??? I asked a guy at Meineke(who i really trust) and he said that i should definitely not try it myself. I would love to be able to do it myself, because tirerack.com has some H&R springs for 109 dollars. Even after the allignments, i would only be out 200 bucks! Let me know.

thanks

Brian
91 Stealth ES

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i agree with mike, it's fairly easy, just takes some time. the rear is a snap and the front is a little trickier getting the old springs off. i didn't even need the spring compressor to put the eibachs on since they were short enough to slip right in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
So its really not dangerous?? do i need to pick up some kind of service manual? Oh, and do you notice a sizable difference in handling after they are installed? thanks again!

Brian
91 Stealth ES

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Check out my other significantly long winded post on this subject. I couldn't find any install tips on installing Eibach springs on the net, so I posted my experience here.

Mark
'93 RT TT
lowered now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.