Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i'm planning to do everything in the Spring and gather all the parts i need during the winter.

1. INTRAX springs
2. KYB shocks/struts
3. YOGURT's test pipe
4. YOGURT's dual exhaust
5. 3sx underdrive pulleys
6. stage II clutch [ is it called the ACT 2100 street??]
7. Fidanza fly wheel
8. KN FIPK
9. Apexi S-AFC

how fast do you think i'd be running on a spring day with a good launch? i'm gestimating 14.8? or so?

Let me know guys.

thanks in advance,
tom

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I'd say 14.1-14.3 with a 2.20-2.30 60ft. If you're like 99 out of 100 N/A owners, you'll run a 15.2, though. What's the S-AFC for? Do you plan on using larger injectors for forced induction? Otherwise I'd say it's a waste of money for a <BPU N/A.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what's the SAFC for?

yea, i do plan to do either a TT conversion, or go with a single turbo later in the summer.

frontpipe?

yet, i still debate about the whole backpressure thing. any ideas?

Tom

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
backpressure, if you believe in the backpressure theory you are ignorant, wickeddrew is the damn proof, some people need some common sense slapped into them

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PureN/AHP said:
backpressure, if you believe in the backpressure theory you are ignorant, wickeddrew is the damn proof, some people need some common sense slapped into them
err.. the hate :rolleyes: anyways... i really dont know much about back pressure, but have seen it debated before. why do u think i said "any ideas"? well.. thanks for the input i guess ill have to do more research--

Tom

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
PureN/AHP said:
yes, common sense slaps you in the face when you get your ass kicked by a stock 4 banger honduh because you have the damn cat off.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Not to start the whole backpressure debate AGAIN, but......Here is what I have found.

My frontpipe broke and with basically just straight pipes off of the headers, the car was SLOW! No low end torque and it took until around 6k rpms for the car to start pulling like normal. Some less backpressure isn't bad, but getting rid of too much seems to be a bad thing. I would say get the frontpipe though, you'll feel the difference where it counts, your power band.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As long as we are on this subject, how much do you think i will run after my winter project? Im gonna guess 14.7

93 stealth r/t automatic

k&n Cone intake
Test pipe
2.5 pipes cat-back to flowmaster 40 series
Unorthadox Racing underdrive pulley
Shift kit
Torque Converter at 2800
End Clutch w/ tranny cooler
up to a 75 shot of nos

Evertyhing i already have installed, except the testpipe (car needs to be smogged soon, so ill wait) nos and the tranny stuff. The nos is ordered (good deal for $350), so basiclaly my whole winter project consists of putting in my NOS and doing the shift kit and torque converter. The only time i ran my car at the track (2 weeks ago), it was stock except the catback. So what do you guys think i will run in march when the track opens? Any predictions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
14.7 is VERY optimistic. id say low 15's if youre a dohc. talk to xx lost realm xx. hes got an auto with tons of mods.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
drdeath25 said:
As long as we are on this subject, how much do you think i will run after my winter project? Im gonna guess 14.7

93 stealth r/t automatic

k&n Cone intake
Test pipe
2.5 pipes cat-back to flowmaster 40 series
Unorthadox Racing underdrive pulley
Shift kit
Torque Converter at 2800
up to a 75 shot of nos

Evertyhing i already have installed, except the testpipe (car needs to be smogged soon, so ill wait) nos and the tranny stuff. The nos is ordered (good deal for $350), so basiclaly my whole winter project consists of putting in my NOS and doing the shift kit and torque converter. The only time i ran my car at the track (2 weeks ago), it was stock except the catback. So what do you guys think i will run in march when the track opens? Any predictions are appreciated.

where did you order your:

Shift kit
Torque Converter at 2800

did it help your launch?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I havent even ordered the shift kit yet, i have ordered my nos, and i have the testpipe but i havent installed it. I will be ordering and putting it on somtime soon though, ill let you know how it goes

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
vr-4wannabe said:
14.7 is VERY optimistic. id say low 15's if youre a dohc. talk to xx lost realm xx. hes got an auto with tons of mods.
i don't think he'd have much of a problem getting into 14's with nos. as long as he's got the right fuel management system, larger injectors, tt fuel pump, etc. i'd bet he can get into the 14s.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My car is down right now but the tranny I bought from mikes95rt had all the mods you listed.

I think he said it was good from a low 15 on the g tech. Add nitrous and you could probably hit a 14 flat or high 13, if you have a good setup.

The afc wont really help you right now.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the insight guys. I guess avg. the replies from 14.1 to low 15... maybe 14.8 wasn't so bad :D well.. i guess we'll see in the spring when i get all that done and go to the track. thanks again guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.