Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a sinlge pillar pod mount with a boost gauge, and im a bit weary about mounting it just yet untill i know what to do. should i drill a whole in the pillar or take it off, or what to run the wires? and then, how do you take off the stock pillar vinle or whatever it is if you need it off to run the stuff. also, where do you hook up the 12 v power source needed for the light? thanks.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i hook mine from the dimmer switch. just use a test light or tester to determine which wire. i don't remember exactly what color are the wires so i suggest test it! i have dual guage pod on mine and i didnt remove the A-pillar (plastic thigy u talking about) because the aftermarket pod will cover the wires. hope that's help.

Ben

·
Registered
244 Posts
Okay to take off the A-pillar cover you need to unscrew the cloths hook, unbolt the seat belt harnes, and then there is a clip that the back panel trim is connected to. This is so you can get the end of the A-Pillar out. Then you can just take a screw driver and pop the A-Pillar off. It has several clips you will need to pop out.

After that I drilled a hole in the back of my A-Pillar trim and then used a knife to cut an X in the vinyl. I then ran my wires through the whole behind the A-Pillar trim, down throught the dash. I secured the A-Pillar Pod using double sided tape.

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
My double pod looks pretty clean installed. It is fairly easy to pop out the entire a-pillar from the front of the dash to the end of the door. It is one big piece, fleixble enough to take out and not break it. I held my pod where I wanted it and outlined the edges with chalk or a pencil, something eraseable...then I took it out of the car and drilled small holes to mount it (the screws are provided). You should hook your gauge up and run the lines thru the firewall and up the side of the pillar, under your gauge pod, then put the pillar back on. It looks really clean, no wires or anything.

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I just double-sided taped mine to the a-pillar. I wasn't too keen on ripping the thing out. People say it looks good, and I don't have any problem with it. It was the easiest way to go for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts