Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Speed is our life-blood
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some of your engines that look really clean. All the hoses and wires are somehow hidden from view. How do you do that? Do you buy longer hoses and just run them under something else out of sight or something? What about wires. Do you just put them in looms that I didn't see or do you do the same thing you do with the hoses? Now that my Engine is out, I'd like to dress i up a bit and hiding those hoses and wires seems like a good place to start.

thanks in advance people.

·
Official Gathering Ghost
1,848 Posts
Go to wallmart, buy simple green, open up hood, rinse everything off, turn on car, spray on simple green with car on, rinse out engine with car on, let it dry with car on, you have a brand new engine....

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
daaaaaan said:
Go to wallmart, buy simple green, open up hood, rinse everything off, turn on car, spray on simple green with car on, rinse out engine with car on, let it dry with car on, you have a brand new engine....
Don't spray your air filter though. Obviously.

·
Like a Rat out of Water
2,976 Posts
KingNothing said:

Don't spray your air filter though. Obviously.
Is that assuming you have an open element air filter? So, it would be safe for me to spray simple green on my stock air filter? Also, what about all of the eletrical connections? Will rinsing the engine off hurt them at all?

-Bat

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
It would probably be better if you don't spray it or get a bunch of water on it. You'll also want to put a garbage bag or something over your fuse box to make sure that doesn't get wet.

It would be best if you can cover as much electrical stuff up as possible just to be on the safe side.

I'm about to do my engine bay as well. :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
KingNothing said:
It would probably be better if you don't spray it or get a bunch of water on it. You'll also want to put a garbage bag or something over your fuse box to make sure that doesn't get wet.

It would be best if you can cover as much electrical stuff up as possible just to be on the safe side.

I'm about to do my engine bay as well. :)
spray the simple green on yuor engine bay let it soak for bout 5 mins then wash it off.....

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Re: help people

VR-4Maniac said:
help people, do you guys use pressure washing to clean the engine bay? some look really like new! thanks.

TTT

I never use pressure washer. It might break some electric connectors and stuff. Just garden hose with basic nozzle will do enough job.

Make sure spray some WD-40 on electric connectors before spray simple green.

Try get some engine dress up kit. I know what you mean by hiding those wires stuff, but I wonder same question:confused:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Also be careful not to soak your coils. Not sure if it's overkill, but with the problems some have had after washing their engine down with the hose, you might be better to use simple green and a wet rag rather than the hose.

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
STEAM!

I had my engine bay steam cleaned. They did the top, sides and bottom for like $40. Well worth it if you ask me. I then waxed everything that had red paint on it. I use alcohol wipes for the hoses. It's alot easier to keep clean if it's done really good the first time.:D There's more engine bay pics on the link at the bottom of my sig, including a before and after shot!:p

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Red,

How do you like your Phantom Turbos? How much faster does the car feel at stock like boost numbers? Whats the lag like compared to 9bs?

Sam

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
wraith said:
Red,

How do you like your Phantom Turbos? How much faster does the car feel at stock like boost numbers? Whats the lag like compared to 9bs?

Sam
I love 'em!:D I have my BC set at 12 psi (low) and 15psi (high). At the 12, it seems to pull as hard if not harder than the stock 15! And then at 15 - HOLY COW! Those suckers pull very hard, all don't let up at all 'til a shift! I really haven't noticed any additional lag, but then again - if you get a good launch, the rpms aren't going to fall low enough for it to be a factor. Haven't taken it to the track yet - waiting on propain in the Spring with a possible fmic. Then I'll really turn up the boost and get ready for some serious numbers!:)

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
NeoValentine said:
I usually dress my engine up with a lave or silk Teddy and matching garder belts and stockings. Mmmm It looks sexxy then.

Neo
What, no high heels?

·
Speed is our life-blood
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got down the washing down the engine and the colored hoses and what not.. but what i'm really curious about is how some of you people hide your wires and hoses. Hiding them makes the engine look less cluttered.

·
Official Gathering Ghost
1,848 Posts
Do you consider my engine to be dressed up?

(Go to the link in my sig that says Pictures, and then go to "my car")

If so I will let you know what I did to make it look like that...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts