Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to put a license plate on the front bumper but don't wanna drill holes in it. Plus it looks really ugly.

i noticed 2 metal(or plastic) pieces about 8" apart on the inside of the bottom bumper.

can i use those?

how does everyone else do it?

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
there should be a bracket there......if not and you really want to run a plate......go buy one

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
it attaches to the two holes.....the previous owner must have removed it.....check the parts for sales section of the forum.....someone out there might have their old one for sale

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! i was kinda worried cuz i'd get a citation for not having one and was just gonna drill holes.

thanks

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
My SL came with one from the dealer, it was the first thing I took off. It's still laying on a shelf somewhere in my garage. I don't know if a '99 bracket will help you, but if it will work for you, you are welcome to it.

In texas, you are supposed to have a front plate, but it's not a moving violation and it's only a $50 fine. I'll be damned if I'm gonna ruin the appearance of my cars with a front f**king bracket and plate. The cops never make an issue of it, prolly half the cars and trucks in Texas don't have a front plate. Besides, I'm keeping my other tag in pristine condition for future use should somebody rearend me :D :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you...yeah i dont' wanna ruin the front of my car with that THING.

i'll get back to you about the bracket...gotta check if it fits on my car. I'll ask a local dealer.

thanks again

·
Registered
208 Posts
Front license Bracket

Here are the part #'s & descriptions

Front License Bracket MB935145 1ea.

Front bumper grommet MU480007 2 ea.

front bumper nut MS440522 4 ea.

Front bumper Bolt MS2400601 2 ea.

:p

<a href="http://homestead.juno.com/aaronwld/car.html">
</a>

·
Registered
557 Posts
u dont:D why would u want one there? I live in maine where it IS mandatory to have one in front,but i just keep it underneth my seat,just in case i get pulled over,but i haven't yet ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks arwld....at least now i know they sell it at the dealer.

i don't think i'm gonna buy it...too ugly.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
If you mean that the bracket is "too ugly", don't worry, because it is largely hidden by the licence plate itself. And, in any case, it's a lot less ugly than drilling holes and bolting the plate directly to the bumper, where it will jiggle around and scratch the shit out of your paint job.

If you mean that having a plate is "too ugly", you bet it is.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Yes, having plates on the front are ugly. My bracket came with my 93 SL. I didn't know about it till I was looking around the area where my spare tire and jack is.
Look around there, the previous owner may have stuck it there.

-Jeff

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good luck to you when you are in Cali ........ heh I am forced to put one on my 91 vr4 and a donate check ...... :) ... but if you state doesn't required it..... then damn u :) heh..... it's nice if you don't have to put it in front..... even if you have it inside the car ... u still need to donate..... :) ....

·
Registered
557 Posts
not when you tell the cop the "bracket is on order";)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Spirit said:
Besides, I'm keeping my other tag in pristine condition for future use should somebody rearend me :D :D

I don't know about Texas but here in Cali if you need replacement plates due to an accident or being stolen you can buy a new set for like $30.

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
phreakerz said:

I don't know about Texas but here in Cali if you need replacement plates due to an accident or being stolen you can buy a new set for like $30.
I guess I should have posted a sarcasm sign somewhere :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts