Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unce unce
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inside of that the area around the lights is supposed to be green, for me. Green car. Well it's not. I think it's just dirty or something. Been like that since I got it and I never really noticed. I cleaned off the glass outside the lights and that didn't help. So I guess I need to get in there, but I don't know how. 2nd gen model.

·
twc4life
1,519 Posts
I think people have put their glass lights inside the oven for 5 minutes to get the sealant to soften up and then slowly pry the housing apart. Some people use a hairdryer but that'll take a while. To seal them back up I have no clue, I'm guessing some sort of rubber or silicoen sealant is used. What color are your housing lights?? Instead of cleanign them, you could also just black them out with vynal covers, someone used to make them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's not showing good because the glass on the inside of the headlight is fogged up.......... here u go

http://31061.com/bestauto/headlight/

Madrox said:
Inside of that the area around the lights is supposed to be green, for me. Green car. Well it's not. I think it's just dirty or something. Been like that since I got it and I never really noticed. I cleaned off the glass outside the lights and that didn't help. So I guess I need to get in there, but I don't know how. 2nd gen model.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The dealer WILL NOT do this for you.......... they will just tell you to buy new headlights for $500 a piece!!! It can take the whole day to get these off properly and reseal, them so make sure your car is in the garage or that it's gonna be a sunny day!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I used the hairdryer method. It was horrible. Took about an hour to do each one. And when I removed the lenses, I had to be careful not to get rubber glue on the parts I spray with windex, since the glue would smear all over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts