Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wonder how do I reset the computer .... i think I supposed to unplug the battery, but for how long?.... WEll I took out the y pipe looking thing out of where the pipe that the BOV blow back...no it's not the Y-pipe... it's where the bov blow the air back to the pipe.. and inside that pipe it has another pipe which split into two and one blow east and the other one blow west...... ... now my engine stall when I rev up earlier.... I didn't even move... It's the same like the time I ran the open loop from the greddy type s bov before, so I took that out and my friend is using it now...... I took this out because I heard that the stock bov blow louder so I did it.... please how do I reset my computer?
btw have anyone try this before?

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I'd say diconnect the battery for about 15-30 minutes. If you want, I think you can get in the car, put the key in the ignition, and turn it to the ACC position. Don't try to crank it, you just want to drain the power that is stored in the car. (you do this while the battery is disconnected)

Are you sure all the hoses are hooked back up correctly? One might have popped off when you were revving it earlier. Check those hoses running to and from the Y-pipe.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thnx a lot... damn hope those hoses are not that crappy heh.... can't blow cause all i have are stock parts...:D :D :D

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
15 - BUT!!!

Not more than 30 or you will have to put the code into the radio and reprogram all your buttons. It is about 25-30 when that damn theft thing on the radio kicks in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts