Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1995 VR-4
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
repainting the interior from charcoal to black, i've got all the panels out of the car but i can't figure out how to get the interior b-pillar trims out of my car. someone help!

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
it is a pain.. and the b-pillars are easily breakable if you're not careful..

first you need to take out the rear seat bottom cushion.. then take out the rear seat backs.. there are three bolts on the bottom of the seats that bolt them to the car..

once the seats are out, you need to take off the panels on each side of the rear seats (with the speaker grill in them).. there are a couple screws that hold these on.. and you also need to remove the seat belts, too.. they bolt into the floor, up near the door, and remove the entire seat belt retraction thing back by the rear 1/4 window..

once all that stuff is off, you can clearly see all the little "pins" and screws that hold the b-pillers on.. I can't remember the trick to getting the pins out.. but once you figure it out, it's easy.. there are also a few places where on the back of the b-pillar there are little metal clips that pop into the body when you push them in.. instead of pulling on the b-pillar, use a long screw driver to pop these out..

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wow, this thread is old, but hopefully someone would be kind enough to help me out! I'm also trying to remove my B pillars, but this thread wasn't exactly helpful. Does anybody know if the pins that hold the B Pillar on are rivets? If so, would a rivet gun also be able to put the rivets back into place? Thank you to anybody that supplies me with the info I need :)

·
3S Surgeon
2,818 Posts
the bottom pins are simple clips. push the center of them in a small amount, you'll feel them click in, and then just pull them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.