Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After washing my car extremely good and waxing it the cars true color stands out much better than usual.
In certain lights the car looks almost Pearl Blue
other light it looks sorta purplish.
This is also most prevailing when the car is wet.

From pictures it looks black and once it gets a little dirtier it looks black.
Just wondering who else out there has the same color?
I think the paint code is X02

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
i had a green effect on my Veilside coupe

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've got the black w/ blue fleck. my paint/body guy said it actually had a little yellow and red in it too - i sure never noticed. But when you hit it with a light in the garage, you'll SWEAR its blue. I've actually argued over the color of my (black) car w/ people.

.jon

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, especially under those lights that hang off the hood to work on the engine. That light hits it and it looks extremely blue. Pretty amazing color I just wish it was brand new :(

-Jeff

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
VeilsideVR4 said:
i had a green effect on my Veilside coupe
Yes, my Solanno Black Pearl has green flecks in it...

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume not common sense 2 people replied and neither match.

-Jeff

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
All black 1st gens are like that... black with tiny blue bits of glitter. Most people don't notice it, but my motorcycle is the same color, so it stands out to me.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
jon3k said:
I've got the black w/ blue fleck. my paint/body guy said it actually had a little yellow and red in it too - i sure never noticed. But when you hit it with a light in the garage, you'll SWEAR its blue. I've actually argued over the color of my (black) car w/ people.

.jon
Most black colors have more than just black in it. My friends jetta has white and yellow in it. And his old '94 Fairy RT had 5 colors color tinters in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts