Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Chief Exec.
Discussion Starter #1
just had the tranny rebuilt and when i attached it to the hoist the transmission fell while 2 inches from the ground when the bolt on the hoist snapped and caused this. 馃槼 All the oil poured out. I have a JDM tranny with a good case but was wondering if there are other options as i wanted to give the JDM one to a friend.

There must be an internal crack as well because in theory the bolt holes are dry. You will not be able to swap the cases without a full bearing preload reset.

Best option is to get it welded. Bush fix would be to try jb weld.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Chief Exec.
Discussion Starter #3
There must be an internal crack as well because in theory the bolt holes are dry. You will not be able to swap the cases without a full bearing preload reset.

Best option is to get it welded. Bush fix would be to try jb weld.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Chris thx for the quick reply. Your awesome.

Chief Exec.
Discussion Starter #4
Putting her back in instead of bagging the bolts and nuts like i normally do i am lost with what these 2 weird bolts go to. Im assuming here but the other ones in the picture kinda fit too.

Registered
The top two bolts, with the cylindrical tips, are for the control arms. The bolt the control arm up to the rear subframe. I believe they are the bolt, closest to the exterior of the car, on each side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts