Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my old stock plugs to Bosch +4, and when I took them out, they had oil in the threads and deposits on the tips. The Bosch +4 sucked ass, so I got new NGK plugs, and when I took out the +4s, they also had oil on them. Would the only answer be a head gasket leak? Would this also cause starting problems that alot of people are having?

Jason
92 Stealth R/T TT

·
Lovbyts
4,270 Posts
Don't forget, if you still have your receipt you can take them back for up to 3 years. I ran mine for a year and then took them back just recently. They seemed to run fine and clean for about 6 months but then starting missing a little. They were the cheapest plugs I have used in the long run. I am running them in a couple of my other cars but not in the turbos any more.

·
Curmudgeon
5,781 Posts
If you have oil on the threads it's more than likely a leaky valve cover gasket. Don't forget that the plugs have to seal tight enough to hold compression, it's unlikely that oil running down the outside could get in to foul the tips, and vise-versa anything leaking into the cylider (like from a bad head gasket) wouldn't show up on the threads.
Try tightening your valve cover bolts about 1/4 turn each, and see it if that solves the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.