Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i learned that a kid in town with this white celica 94-98 style has been claiming he "crushed" me. this is funny because ive never raced him, i havent really raced anyone ;). what are my chances? i looked up his car a little and he could either have as little as 135hp and 138ft/lbs of torque or up to 175hp and 142ft/bls of torque. soo, ive got 180 ft/lbs stock, so im probably above that, maybe 190. and i've probably got atleast 175hp by now. plus our cars probably way something similar, mine being the lightest 3S and all. think i can go bitchslap this boy?

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
all my research has concluded that you have more power(hp & tq)....but he weighs anywhere from 300-800 pounds less....so take a big crap b4 you race:D

edit: forgot a smiley

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
Yep, take a big shit and kill his stupid ass. And then take the shit that you just shit up and throw it on his shit car and make him eat the shit, and then he'll shit up shit that is composed of your shit, and make him eat it again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Numbers?

DeathSled -

Where are you getting those 175hp numbers? Unless it's one of those brand new boxy styled Celica's its running either 105-135hp range. My mother drives a 1997 Black Celica and its a turtle compared to my ES. Really stinks too, cause she was planning on getting a 1997 3000 SL before she bought her Limited Edition Convertible Celica.

- Ryan

P.S. - The Limited Edition was the 135hp model.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
you'll own him. In addition to my stealth, I drive a 99 celica gt convertible. Quick little car, and is amazing for autocrossing (I love solo-II), but can't accelerate for shit.

~matt

·
Registered
53 Posts
Make sure it's not an Alltrac!!!

I think they discontinued selling the Alltrac version of the Celica by that model year, but make sure, 'cuz the Alltrac is 200hp stock (same motor as MR2 Turbo), and AWD. If he's got an Alltrac he'll definitely "crush" you. If not, give him a 1-second headstart, granny shift, and yawn while you pass him!!!!

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
WHAT?

Didn't the discontinue the Alltrac in the early EARLY 90s??? I thought 88 or 89 was last year actually. All the 90s Celicas were jokes, until the vvt-li model.

BTW <<he'll shit a shit composed of your shit, the make him eat it again>> Haha... :D

LOOKS LIKE,

They did away with the alltrac 200 hp car in 1993 [which still had shit torque, 147 ftlbs]. In 1994 all they had was the crappy 135 hp car. I'm thinking you'll get him!?! Unless he's a manual to your auto [you auto right?].

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Anyone know what a stock 1993 celica GT has as far as horsepower and torque? How about quarter mile?

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
Let me race him...

I think the trip to NC would be worth it! You'll own him dude. No worries.

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah he doesnt look that fast

oh yeah, im manual, not auto as someone said.

maybe we can get this guy to come out and play during the boone gathering

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe you could get it on film. I haven't seen 2 really slow cars race each other in awhile...lol.

WD

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Im not guessing man...I'm positive you will kill him...especially if you are 5-speed.;)

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe you could get it on film. I haven't seen 2 really slow cars race each other in awhile...lol.
its hurts :( but even i can laugh at it :p

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Hey guys, Dont underestimate the power of the SOHC..The Deathsled has surprised a few DOHC cars before, its a quick little bitch.

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's cuz im the greatest mono thingy guy there ever was..

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
WDRacing said:

WD
LMAO, man that was harsh, but funny. Its cool deathsled didn't take offense to it ;)

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey i know my car is slow :) atleast its faster than just about any 4 banger without a "power adder"

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
yeah most of the rice around where i live cruise in civics or accords or integras, so as long as they are all n/a your call will kick their ass, plus i'm sure you can hang with base stangs and f-bodies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts