Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most likely, it is your BOV (blow-off valve). This much more likely if you have a K&N Aircharger (or some other mod to your air intake). I had the same problem on my 1995 TT and I was fortunate enough to replace the stock BOV with another and cure it. Others have solved it by going with aftermarket BOV's!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks. I did have a K&N on it, and that is when it started. I have put the factory box back on, because I had some work done at a dealer and they insisted that the factory air box go back on. However, I still get the noise, but not nearly as bad. I'll probably go ahead and order the aftermarket BOV. Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey folks, I get a honking sound from my engine on acceleration, under boost. If I accelerate just right, I can sustain this noise longer. I've heard people discuss it on this website, but haven't heard any definitive answer. Does anyone have this problem, or know what it is. I've had my front cylinder head replaced, and now it is not as bad, but still there, nontheless. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
It's your stock blow off valve. Don't worry about it! If you want to get rid of the noise replace your blow off valve with a quality unit like te Greddy Type S.

Trevor
96 R/T TT
92 GMC Typhoon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts