Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard tons of different things concerning MASs. First off, people say, the less material existing near the sensors, the better the flow. If this is the case, then why do your cars have a honeycomb in the MAS? I imaging this is to straighten the air flow through the MAS, but does this truly make a difference? I've got the center (large) honeycomb removed now, and don't see any difference from before (not tangible, atleast). If there is a true reason for me to leave it in, I'm all ears.

Curious,
Damon

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
I've had the honeycomb out of my R/T for 2.5 years, since I installed the FIPK. No problems at all in that time frame.

I suspect Peter's problem was something else, probably the sensor itself gone bad or something not related. The honeycomb is kinda like the resonator bottle on the non-turbos. It's there and removing it "doesn't really do much, but what the hell ya know..."

EricB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.