Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I finally get to hook it up! Im going to take it in tomorrow morning (11-29-01)

I dont know if I am going to use the nitrous on the dyno though, I still have a bad O2 sensor thats messing up my fuel ratio.

Who knows I might just do a small shot to see how true there claims are.

So if any of you are curious about what a compression bump will do for your car check out this post tomorrow.

Basicly the dyno will see how much horsepower I will get from 11:1 compression, polished and ported heads, OBX filter, D&N SS intake, lightened internals, balance and blueprinted internals, and maybe a 75 shot of NITROUS on top of that.
:D :p :D

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
nice....break some sl (base??:D:D) hp records

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
yeah no shit... i wanna know what a 200 shot will do!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
hey man good luck on the dyno...anything over 170 hp to the wheels will be kick ass...Throw some juice on there man your engine can handle it...

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
Hey Brian,
Reading your sig. If you plan to daily drive your car, I would recommend the 100shot NOS instead of the TT swap. I hear the traction is terrible with the TT FWD so far. And with the NOS, you keep your mileage and your streetability the same as now.
Just my thoughts.

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
I will say 265hp to the wheels w/o NOS...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Damn! You all have high hopes! I seriously doubt that he will see a 100hp gain just from the N/A upgrades. But, then again, you never know.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I say 195 to the wheels no NOS

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice to see you all have high hopes for me!

Just remember I have a AUTO, my horse power to the tires wont be nearly as much as it is to the crank.

Im hoping to get 200 to the tires without the nitrous.

And remember Im running this with a bad O2 sensor, so my air fuel ratio will be a little messed up. My computer will be judging my readings off the TPS, so I will be running a little rich. And Im useing 100 octane gas, hopefully this will work against knock.

Just 5 more hours and Ill will find out, Im just too excited to sleep!
:p :D

·
og
4,293 Posts
looking forward to seeing the results, best of luck! i hafta say that i'll be RATHER surprised if you pull 200+ horses no juice tho, i put 183hp to the wheels, i've got more mods (except the nos!) but i'm still at stock compression. anyway, very interested in seeing your figures, good luck!

- mike

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The results are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I sputtered through the Dyno, litteraly!
My air / fuel ratio was all fucked up! The car was fine untill we hooked it up, then we were just letting it cruise at 10 mph to let the tires dry and it kept dieing!

We did the first run with no juice and it just kept sputtering.
Second run with no juice and my O2 code poped up and the car died! FUCK!

Now the third run we used a 50 shot of juice and it was just as bad for sputter as the first. So we decided to stop there and we will continue it later after I get my sensor in!
:mad:

W/O nitrous 172 Horse & 172.6 Torque

W/ 50 shot 209.4 Horse & 201.3 Torque

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

·
Registered
856 Posts
Damn Hollywood - thats a wild dyno. Looks more like the tech stock market lately :)

Whats the story with your air/fuel? What are u using for control?

.jon

1 - 20 of 45 Posts