Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Stealth RT TT - 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT ATX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have a 92 Stealth RT TT and I plan on going anywhere from stock to 375-500hp maybe a little less, maybe a little more.

I am wanting to keep the budget down and get the parts second hand. Now I'm really liking the idea of keeping it time appropriate for say someone building the car in the 2000s.

Now I already have a HKS evc 3 on it and some other old school odds and ends. So I have available a HKS VPC & GCC for somewhat of a reasonable price but I would only want it if I could find the PROMS for it as well. (The vpc I found is for a RB26 but I thought that you can just change proms to your correct car right?) Does anyone else have one of these?

I know this technology is outdated and all but I enjoy that type of thing. I can also get a Apexi safc gen 1 the one with the dials but I was kinda wanting to keep it all HKS but thats not absolutely necessary.

I'm not planning on making crazy power with the car or anything, just wanting a cool, somewhat fast, nostalgic timepiece that can still be relied on and efficient.

If I cant go this route I'm guessing my next best bet would be just a Apexi SAFC II huh? Would that along with the EVC be enough to support 400-500hp?

Thank you everyone!! This is a wonderful group here!!

Oh and what's a good price for a VPC & GCC these days?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Post up some pics man.

I'm doing something similar, just an old school 90's build.

Got the three Pioneer decks for Minidisk, CD and Receiver, Super-AFC (knobs), Defi Gauges, HkS side mounts, SQV BOV RAID steering wheel, going to run R32 GTR wheels.. After all, they are "Made with Spartan Air".

As far as engine management, my recommendations is go modern if you actually want more then just adding some fuel to a stock engine. You can still hook up the old HKS stuff for looks, but I would not try and use a 90's fueling piggy back on a built engine with aftermarket injectors and turbos.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Stealth RT TT - 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT ATX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't plan on going extreme with the car by any means. I'll have to get some photos together though, as soon as I got the car I started tearing into it lol

I have some old Palm computers that I've already been setting up for MMCD so that will be pretty neat as well.

I would like to run all this with the scanmaster possibly being ran as a multi use gauge etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts