Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any1 in here using the HKS SuperDragger Exhaust system for the twin turbo 3000gt/stealth? it has 95mm piping (about 3.75") and 130mm tip (about 5.15"). the muffler and tip are huge, and the piping is massive. it's obviously using mandrel bends, and doesnt have a resonator. why isnt any1 using it? it seems like a very well flowing exhaust. am i right? I'm thinkin about buying one, my buddy can get me one brand new for $600 shipped. how is the exhaust note on this (i have no cats) if any1 has any positive/negative comments about this exhaust itll be really helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
now don't quote me on this, because I culd be way off since i read it a long time ago, but I thought that the Dragger System was one worse flowing ones for out cars, other than that, I think it is supposed to sound outstanding, and I think it looks the best out of almost everything I have seen. You might be able to find more info from a search, there are a bunch of threads on the Dragger system.

·
Registered
153 Posts
the HKS super dragger is different than the HKS SPort catback ( i think that's what it's called) which is basically the closest thing to stock catback(dual exit), but with a namebrand on it..... IT does flow comparable to stock

however, the HKS Super dragger is a single exit, and mine has two resonators... even with my stillen dp, and "modified" cats

it's a very mellow, nice tone.... if I had a decent mic, I'd record it

I love it, and don't plan on changing it

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the HKS turbo exhaust is the one that resembles the stock setup, and has 60mm piping (less than 2.5") :eek: the superdragger is the one with the big ass muffler and the thick, >3.5" piping correct? i didnt know it has 2 resonators. is it a smooth, deep sound? could u somehow send me a vid or an audio clip of a vr4 without any cats and a dragger cat-back system installed?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, is it stainless steel? bcuz the hks turbo exhaust isn't, and it has problems with rust, and sometimes grows holes in it.. is it a direct fitment (the dragger)? i heard the flange has to be rotated when connected to the downpipe.

·
3si member #1623
1,976 Posts
Hey my buddy (board member "grassninja" ) has one on his GTO TT. The tip on that thing is HUGE..has a very mellow/deep sound to it.. surprisingly..not too loud. I'll try to get some vid of him/us crusing around and hopefuly racing. I say if you like that look (i prefer the dual outlet) then go for it! ;)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea a sound clip would be awesome. u could e-mail it to me at [email protected]

how r the hp gains for the superdragger? (not the hks turbo exhaust)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey whats up?

like djmonnie said, I just put the Super Dragger on my TT GTO.

I love it. The sound is awesome. I really hate the loud tin can sounding exhausts. This one is very low and mellow, and sounds great all the way through the RPM range. Power, I noticed more, but I have never had my car dino'd or anything like that.

My only dream now is to find a matching tip to weld up on the other side. Cause, just like the DJ, I really prefer the dual look. I think two Super Dragger tips would be the poop.

See ya

and, if someone will tell me how to get a pic up I can get you all a pic of my ride with the Super Dragger, I just cant seem to get my pics up.

Dave

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when u post a reply, just click on Attach File (has to be smaller than 102KB) click browse, and find the file on ur computer. thats it. i'm hoping u have a digital camera or somethin to load the pics into ur comp, then from there u could just "attach file" and insert the file, then ur set ! hope it works, i really wana see a pic of it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok Im experimenting with a plain pic of the car, then if it works this time I'll go take a shot of the exhaust.

here it goes

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok it works, thanks. Now how can I do more than 1 at a time?

thanks here are the pics

Dave

Attachments

Reactions: BLACK PUMA

·
Want Some?
1,057 Posts
I've got the HKS Super Drager (that's the way it's spelled) and I love it. I've also got the Stillen DP and the tone is nice. As far as flow, at idle it spits condensation out 2-3 feet...so I don't think flow is an issue:D

You can see it in my sig.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is any1 in here using the HKS SuperDragger Exhaust system for the twin turbo 3000gt/stealth? it has 95mm piping (about 3.75") and 130mm tip (about 5.15"). the muffler and tip are huge, and the piping is massive. it's obviously using mandrel bends, and doesnt have a resonator. why isnt any1 using it? it seems like a very well flowing exhaust. am i right? I'm thinkin about buying one, my buddy can get me one brand new for $600 shipped. how is the exhaust note on this (i have no cats) if any1 has any positive/negative comments about this exhaust itll be really helpful. Thanks.
YES! WITH DOWN PIPE, DR500'S as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a super dragger on loan for my 97 vr4. Its giant ass tip is awesome a and with all the resonator it muffles the sound so your not attracting any unwanted attention.

If your buddy could hook me up I would buy one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts