Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it installed this past weekend. Seems to be working ok, just wondered HOW it was supposed to sound. Right now, it sorta stutter-whistles when it actuates, not a big whooshing like I expected.

To those of you who have one, does this sound about right?

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,954 Posts
This sound right for low or modest boost. At WOT mine makes a whistling/swooshing sound that is reasonably loud.

·
Registered
334 Posts
bfeagin, I have a mp3 file of my car that you can hear my HKS SS BOV and it seems to be adjusted o.k. but I think the stutter your hearing is because it's closing a little to soon. I guess the best thing to do is listen instead of describing..

It's about 1.2 MB in size because it's a not just the bov noise
<A HREF="ftp://ftp.enteract.com/users/mitola/vr4/vr4accel.mp3">vr4accel.mp3</A>

BTW, it should not stutter whistle at full boost, you should re-adjust it if this is the case. Mine sometimes does this at very low boost but not under full throttle boost.

Mario 94 VR-4

[This message has been edited by VR-4 Tissimo (edited January 06, 2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks VR-4 Tissimo! That's EXACTLY how my BOV sounds. Phew, was wondering if it was just mine or not.

Thanks again, I must have it set right.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm glad I could help you
. There is no wrong way of having it set, just less effective way. The main goal behind it is to prevent surging pressurized air on the turbo(which can damage it), the pressure is relieved in the IC Y-pipe once it gets to a preset level.

Mario 94 VR-4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts