·
Registered
466 Posts
1k doesn't sound cheap to me heh :) :D :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hans91GT said:
well, his price is 50% off of retail :).

yah I know heh...... just to me heh..... if I have that much of $ I would get it from him.... it's a good deal...

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Damn Adams,

You did a 12.5s w/ those mods. There is definitely something wrong w/ my boost controller. You should sign up for the King of Prussia meet 11/23. Can't wait to see what my new 1/4th mile time will be.

Black94VR4

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
110 mph traps are pretty good for those mods on pump gas too ... what boost level?

Black94VR4, what boost level was your dyno done at?

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Billvp,

So far I only dyno at 17psi on pump gas and making 400awhp. I'm planning to dyno at 23psi race gas soon down at Altered Atmosphere. I'm expecting at least 450awhp, so we'll see. I think the Apexi AVC-R doesn't hold high boost too well. Maybe I need to install HKS IV.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
596 Posts
Black94VR4 said:
Billvp,

So far I only dyno at 17psi on pump gas and making 400awhp. I'm planning to dyno at 23psi race gas soon down at Altered Atmosphere. I'm expecting at least 450awhp, so we'll see. I think the Apexi AVC-R doesn't hold high boost too well. Maybe I need to install HKS IV.

Black94VR4
Hey Black let me see if I can find my old email.... I have detailed instructions on how to set up the AVC-R. Mine will hold 13 psi to redline on the stockers

·
3,903 Posts
Adam -- were they brand new "out of the box" when you got them?

Black94VR4 -- Damn, I was hoping to get 400 awhp out of these 15G's at 17psi :( (when I get fuel upgrades of course) maybe not :(

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
billvp,

Joe at AAM dyno at 17psi and he is making 403awhp for 15G. That is his Spyder. I should be able to have a high # dued to 17G turbos. But something is wrong w/ Apexi AVC-R, maybe it just not design for twin turbo like Blitz or HKS controller.

Black94VR4

·
1,086 Posts
billvp and Black94VR4,

As long as the 15g's are holding boost to redline (and we know they can) you will not see much of a difference at all if any. Still the same air flow!! The only difference you will see at 17 PSI is the efficiency of the turbo. The air from the 17's might be a little cooler since they are not working as hard. I can hold 15PSI to redline with my little 13g's and would show similar HP numbers as someone with 17g's at that boost level. It is only when the smaller turbo is no longer in its effiency range or can no longer hold boost to your specified PSI that the larger 17g' really start to shine.:D

I plan on getting a 17g sized turbo for my next upgrade so that I will never have to upgrade again. So in closing I do recommend the larger 17g turbos but I don't expect to much of an increase over my 13g's until I crank it up past their effiency range which is for me 15 PSI or probably 17-18 PSI for 15g's.

I hope this helps a little,

Dean;)

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
I like the 17G turbos alot. Once the rpm hit 4500K, I need to hold on w/ 2 hands. At this rpm the car become a beast:D, and I need to shift fast the first 3 gears. 17G and 357Magnum are very similar in size.

Black94VR4

·
3,903 Posts
Re: yes they were

pearl green ES-adam said:
they were new when i got them. I have the receipt of where i got them and when i got them.
so where did you get them?
do you take discover card :p Does anyone know if you can transfer money from a discover card to paypal? I might be interested if you can.

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
AmkreadGTO,

WOW, Magnum357's compressor is that much larger than that of 17G. I check the website of Steath316, the Magnum357's CFM=~480 whereas 17G's CFM=~470. But if these are the right compressor wheels, it seems like the Magnum357 should flows much more air.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Black94VR4 said:
AmkreadGTO,

WOW, Magnum357's compressor is that much larger than that of 17G. I check the website of Steath316, the Magnum357's CFM=~480 whereas 17G's CFM=~470. But if these are the right compressor wheels, it seems like the Magnum357 should flows much more air.

Black94VR4
U know what? I thought the wheel on the left is actually a 15G wheel... but on JeffL's site it said its a 17G wheel... so.. dunno~

1 - 20 of 24 Posts