Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here has either of them. I saw that they both have 95mm (3.74 inch) piping and was wondering how they compare to 3 inch systems. I don't know if the Hiper or Hi-Power (what it is now called in Japan) is available here yet but I know there has to be a couple of people with the Super Dragger. I read somewhere that the Super Dragger starts out at 60mm and works its way up to 95mm, but I don't know as I have never seen the system. :confused:

Any input??

·
Registered
131 Posts
supredragger

this is the exhaust I have. It is a lot quieter than one wouild expect from a 5" fart cannon. It looks a bit ricey in my opinion but it was on ebay cheap so I figured what the hell. Everyone is so pr dual exhaust, figured I would try it. Tonaly it is a bit lower, and it is no where close to the borla as far as loudness, I like mine, but I have no idea how it flows vs the rest of the canidates out there. I get a lot of comments on how big it is, and I am well aware the cops see it. But in myu own defense, they hks superdragger actuall sounds quiter at idle than the stocker on sport mode. It has a nioce sporty roar to it above 4500. Once my ecu comes, Ill record it and see If post it.

·
Nice Bum
556 Posts
I have dual HKS Hyper canasters on my car with custom 3" piping. I LOVE this exaust!!! sounds like a full race skyline :D I love it when people tell me that :p I dont have a really good pic yet.. but heres what I have...

Attachments

·
Nice Bum
556 Posts
VR4blur said:
I have dual HKS Hyper canasters on my car with custom 3" piping. I LOVE this exaust!!! sounds like a full race skyline :D I love it when people tell me that:eek I dont have a really good pic yet.. but heres what I have...
heres another... a little better quality

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dame nice looking car man!!
That is kinda the setup that i wanted how much did it run ya with the mufflers, piping, and instillation?

plus did they weld it to your down pipe or is it just attached?

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks great VR4blur. Has anyone imported the Hiper system direct from Japan? I checked a while ago and it's not ridiculously expensive. It was like $450 for the act back and like 150 or less (I can't remember) for shipping to the US. Check out

http://www.takakaira.com

·
Nice Bum
556 Posts
well, when I took it to a local shop.. they said they couldn't put them on my car because they were too big. then I told them I saw it done on someone else's car and then they had to do it if they were any good... right:p

anyways... it was like 250 total for the pipes, labor and a special flowmaster spliter said to reduce drag. anyways... was worth every penny. they made the pipe so it bolts on to my down pipe just like a normal "cat back" exaust would. I thought they would have asked me "where are your cats":eek: but they didn't say a word.

I would imagine the single shot from japan would alow for a little more power... but I love having two.:D

·
Exotics Only
8,685 Posts
vr4blur anymore pics of that avatar???

in any case, the single shot isnt taht bad in my opinion. i think the 3s's look better and are made for dual exhausts. but by no means do i think the single shot looks bad. from what i hear the HKS exhaust is actually a nice exhaust.

·
1320' to Fame
1,682 Posts
Re: supredragger

spyonu2007 said:
this is the exhaust I have. It is a lot quieter than one wouild expect from a 5" fart cannon. It looks a bit ricey in my opinion but it was on ebay cheap so I figured what the hell. Everyone is so pr dual exhaust, figured I would try it. Tonaly it is a bit lower, and it is no where close to the borla as far as loudness, I like mine, but I have no idea how it flows vs the rest of the canidates out there. I get a lot of comments on how big it is, and I am well aware the cops see it. But in myu own defense, they hks superdragger actuall sounds quiter at idle than the stocker on sport mode. It has a nioce sporty roar to it above 4500. Once my ecu comes, Ill record it and see If post it.
You the first person to say the super dragger is quiet? :confused:

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Actually... he's right. The Super Drager SOUNDS quieter at idle... only because the exhaust note is so much deeper at idle. Pull the car into a garage though so the sound resonates and it's a lot louder than stock.

I love it. I'm happy I got it, and since weight savings is a priority to me, it satisfies on all counts being a single shot. I do want to get a bumper from an R/T non turbo though so it looks better with just the one exhaust cutout.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.