Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
just some guy.
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am selling my HKS DLI and my MSD spark plug wires. Both are in great condition. I am asking 360 shipped for the combination of both. I removed them from my car due to switching to Coil On Plug for the AEM. With stock ecu, they were able to support 43 PSI of boost with no blow out (AEM is different, and I would not recommend them for use with it). Message me if interested.

Thanks,

Armond

·
AR_VR4
85 Posts
Hi All,

I am selling my HKS DLI and my MSD spark plug wires. Both are in great condition. I am asking 360 shipped for the combination of both. I removed them from my car due to switching to Coil On Plug for the AEM. With stock ecu, they were able to support 43 PSI of boost with no blow out (AEM is different, and I would not recommend them for use with it). Message me if interested.

Thanks,

Armond
Can you post some images?

·
just some guy.
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have them listed on Ebay separately at the following links:

DLI

MSD Wires

If someone here decides to take them both, I will close out the ebay pages. Just figured I would give a 3SI-er a better package deal.

Thanks,

·
just some guy.
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind, if you are running AEM V2, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS

·
AR_VR4
85 Posts
Why would you not recommend? I am running aem v2 and know others that are also combined with the DLI

·
just some guy.
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It simply did not work well for me to run big boost. With the AEM and the DLI, the car ran ok for regular stuff on a fresh set of plugs, but it would eventually foul the plugs and anything above 30 psi wasn't happening "at all". There was no gap I could run with stock coils and the DLI with the AEM that wouldn't blow out spark past 30 psi. I tried multiple PTUs, I tried different brand PTUs, I tried multiple stock coils, I tried high dwell settings, I tried low dwell settings, I tried with and without DLI, I tried with stock plug wiring, I tried with individual coil wiring. I tried projected and non projected plugs. I tried resistor and non resistor plugs. I tried heat ranges 6, 7, and 8 plugs. Absolutely nothing would make it run clean beyond a certain power point / RPM. This is why I wouldn't recommend it. My car didn't have any grounding issues or any abnormal electrical problems, but the only thing that worked with my AEM flawlessly was Coil on Plug. It ran just as strong (if not stronger) with the COP as it did with the stock ECU and DLI with individual coils.

I have already sold these parts, but I still would NOT recommend staying with stock coils with the AEM with any ignition amplifier. It's best to do Coil on Plug at the same time to prevent chasing down EMI noise when you are trying to make power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts