Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the HKS AFR yet. Have they found it better then the Apexi AFC or anything. I am planning to buy either the AFC or the AFR and would like any advice out their..

Thanks

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I don't knwo either. I think I would buy the AFR. The specs on it sound better than the AFC. Of course if all you primarily want is looks then the AFC is the way to go.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want functionality... looks are nice but i prefer functionality. I'm looking for someone with experience with these units.

·
Dirty American Devil
420 Posts
6g72tt,

I've been trying to get the same information you're looking for, since I've got my 450's and Walbro 255lph pump ready to go. I asked the owner of my local Mitsu performance shop which of the inexpensive fuel computers he liked the best. I asked him specifically about the HKS SAFR, Apexi S-AFC and the Field SFC.
He had no experience with the Field unit unfortunately, but he was partial to the S-AFC. He did like the form factor with the HKS, and it's ability to be located more places in the car, but I think he felt the S-AFC was easier to use (not necessarily better).
Personally, I like the HKS and would just like to hear someone else's success story before buying it.

Ian

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think most ppl go with the AFC because it looks nice, but the reason I'm leaning towards the AFR is because it has the idle control correction (automatic) and it allows you to run a open air BOV on our MAF's without going rich, it has a compensation feature. I don't believe the AFC has either of these.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Can someone post some pics of the HKS AFC please because I've never seen one?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hollywood

Let me clear myself on my previous post. I meant the HKS SAFR unit. Does anyone have pics on this? I've never seen one before. I already know what the Apexi S-AFC looks like. Thanks if you guys can help;).

·
Registered
400 Posts
Trevor

UMMM....not to sound like a smart ass or anything but was I supposed to click on something here?;).

·
Registered
400 Posts
Trevor

Is that box in your 2nd to the last post reply supposed to be a pic of the HKS SAFR? Because if it is, I can't see anything or click on it:confused:.

R

·
0 Posts
The HKS Super AFR kicks ass. Has more adjustablitliy and only one with an actual on board computer. Others are just adjusting the mas signal and passing it on where as the HKS is a mini computer that can adjust it in real time before sending it off to the ECU.

I LOVE MINE. It is very easy to set up and runs great! GO FOR HKS!!!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Nah, it does nothing else than the other AFCs. In fact it does exactly the same like the AFC but doesn't have the large display and features. I like it's size but the functionality is absolutely the same.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments.

The S-AFR output has eleven points of adjustment between 650 and 8000 rpm, these points can be arbitrarily moved in 50 rpm increments.

That doesn't sound the same to me.

R

·
0 Posts
Trevor said:
The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments.

The S-AFR output has eleven points of adjustment between 650 and 8000 rpm, these points can be arbitrarily moved in 50 rpm increments.

That doesn't sound the same to me.
You are correct, that's what I was trying to say (except you said it better, thanks) besides the SAFC don't have an on board computer as the HKS AFR does. Which makes it capable of real time changes to the signal b4 it goes to the ecu!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts