Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hit a deer on fri. night and may have to replace my front bumber, will i be able to get a '97 bumber or will i have to get a '99?

thanks
KC

·
Registered
154 Posts
You should be able the get the 97, but with the way people are buying up the 99's, you might want to get a 99, and trade with someone for their 97+cash. Just an idea. Odd to see someone on here trying to avoid getting the 99 bumper.

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not trying to avoid getting the '99, just wanted to keep the stock look and curious to hear about availbility.

thanks
KC

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
The '97 and the '99 front bumpers are not interchangable in respect to the headlights...

If you get a '99 bumper from Mitsu, then you need the '99 headlights (~$500 each).

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to now ruiner, that way if only the 99 bumber is available the the insurance needs to pick up 99 bulbs too, i recently checked on '97 light assemblies, 525$, is cost + 10% (a buddy is g.m. of local mitsu/pontiac dealer).

thanks guys
KC

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
sqhopeful said:
good to now ruiner, that way if only the 99 bumber is available the the insurance needs to pick up 99 bulbs too, i recently checked on '97 light assemblies, 525$, is cost + 10% (a buddy is g.m. of local mitsu/pontiac dealer).

thanks guys
KC
Yes, if you can only get the '99 bumper, then you will have to get the '99 headlamps (full units).

So, you have a black '97 such as myself.... Hmmm. Well, if you want to keep the '97 bumper/headlights, perhaps yourself and I can work out a deal to sell you my '97 headlamps/bumper. :) I might try to go for the '99 Conversion...

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
Having just hit a deer myself, I am pretty sure you could still get a 97 bumper. I know they are still available for my 93 Stealth, and I thought I was going to have to buy one ($632.00), but the body shop was able to repair mine.

Good luck man,

Chris

·
Ferrari Nut
2,675 Posts
Yeah I keep a few deer tags in the glove compartment, camera, plus one bear tag. You never know when youre gonna have a moment when you sibmit your "kill" for the back of American Hunter magazine and one for 3SI where the topic is "I F***'d up my car!"

·
Registered
689 Posts
There are no real problems as far as new parts availability for collision repair on any year models of our cars. Mine is a '94 and I can get anything I need for it usually within 2 days but only a week at the most. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
So, you hit a deer too? How big was it? I hit a 10 point buck. Weighed about 250 pounds and it totaled my car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Deer Abby.....

Let me know if the deer wants to sue for personal injury or if the deer dies, for wrongful death!...JC

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
racer,
you keep tags in your car! if you hit one would you throw it in the trunk?:D i on other hand went home to get the truck and then picked it up, but there was not much meat that was not f'ed up, mostly just three shoulders, no good tenderloin :mad: .

ryan,
that sucks man, the deer i hit was little yearling button buck, no more than 60-70 lbs, i was able to avoid the first deer that crossed the road, good thing to that one was MUCH bigger, probably closer to 150. btw, hoe fast were you going? i was able to get down to close to 40 prol' with some hard braking.

thanks for the info guys....

KC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts