Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that would like to know, LordDVD's car is all dun, the Custom alcohol kit we made for his car is installed, and working GRATE we are going to do some more testing tomorrow but so far his car has run right at 19psi (and held it all the way to 7200rpm.. those GT-355 turbos are grate!) with 91 oct pump gas, and 70% alcohol being sprayed from 1 #16 jet with NO knock at all!!! We will be trying 100% VP methanol tomorrow and maybe a bigger jet. We will see just how far we can go with it befor we start triggering the knock censer. But if the same holds true for the testing we have dun on other turbo cars we should be able to get 25psi if we get enough methanol in there. (we have tested this on a GN that we got 0 knock with 25psi with 86 oct pump, and that car knocked at 14 psi with 91 without the Methanol). LordDVD will be heading out tomarow for Orlando FL. I also will be flying down there on the 23 for X-Mas but I will meet up with him and we will go see what kinda races we can get in down there

MERRY X-MAS TO ALL AND TOO ALL GOOD RACING!!

Matt Monett www.dynamicracing1.com

[This message has been edited by FastMatt (edited December 20, 1999).]

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
hey, i live 5 minutes from orlando airport. i would love to get together with y'all sometime (however I am kinda busy with family) but i can tell you how to get to the drag strip?!?!
i would love to see lorddvd's car. let me know

i can pick you up from the airport too if you need a ride. let me know

[email protected]

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks matt92vr4.. I would love to hang out with you a bit wile I am down there!
I am shure lorddvd would love to also, and I am shure he would be glad to give you a ride in his 600+hp VR-4!
I think there will be another of my cust. with a 99 VR-4 that live about 4 hrs from Orlando will be comming up to hang out also wile I am there, so maby we can all get togeather 1 day (I will be there from the 23-28th. also thanks about the offer to pick me up, but my brother lives there and he will be picking me up. HAY is Orlando Speed World open for street car racing tween the 23-28th? Hendrick would love to race his car down the 1/4 wile he is there if it is open! If the turbo clutch will hold (with the power his car is making right now he cant launch very hard or it goes up in smoke, but if it dont hold he is going to go with a $2500 custom 2 disk clutch, like the 1 I am going to have made for my car) his car should be VERY lo 11's (if he drives it likes he hates it

Matt Monett
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Well, I have no idea what a custom alcohol kit should be ! I think you mean spraying alcohol into the intake airstream, but I do not understand why alcohol !!

As you say no knock, please share the loggings and send one example of a full 1/4 mile datalog to me. Also I wonder what the timing advance under full load is.

Also I like to know what EGT figures you guys are getting with and without the spray.

Last but not least, what kind of pistons and rings have you used on the engine to withstand the high pressure ?

Roger, always wanted to know a little more ...

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
lets get together even if it's just to say "hi"

let me know where you and lorddvd are. i definately want to see his car. i will be driving to north carolina on the 26th, so let me know before then.

my # is 407.858.9493
[email protected]

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds good I will give you a call wen I am there...

ps check your E-Mail Roger

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
oh, i forgot to tell you. speedworld has open dragging on wednesday and friday nights at 7pm. i have been calling them to see if they are open this friday but they will not pick up the phone. they never answer the phone so thats not a negative sign. they should be open friday but who knows since it is the day before Christmas.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hey Matt, Matt and Hendrick,

I'm going to be down over New Year's to see my family in Orlando. Will you guys still be down there then? I'd love to visit with you guys and check out the "drunk" VR-4. I'm sure my brother-in-law would like to check it out too. He's an open-wheel race car driver and also the host of "Inside CART".

Let me know and I'll give you a call when I get down there. I'll be there from the 30th through the 6th.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanM_94_VR4 (edited December 21, 1999).]

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hello Dan

dan that stinks, my flight out is at 7AM on the 29th
Hendric may still be there on the 30th maby you 2 can get Together ..
are you driving your car down?

[This message has been edited by FastMatt (edited December 21, 1999).]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Matt,

No I won't have my car down there this time. The whole family is flying down.

Dan

·
Registered
334 Posts
Roger,
if you get that e-mail on your questions answered, please post it here so the rest of us could see as well.

FastMatt,
I would like to know(and I'm sure others would as well) and don't see why it has to be private?

Thanks,

Mario 94 VR-4

·
Registered
334 Posts
FastMatt
>so far his car has run right at 19psi (and held it all the way to 7200rpm.. those GT-355 turbos are grate!) with 91 oct pump gas, and 70% alcohol being sprayed from 1 #16 jet with NO knock at all!!!

Please share the logs if possible. Also, if you answered all of Roger's questions.. could you please post this, so we can all see as well?

PS. I would like to run near that boost (with similar setup) and I don't have the dataloger to examine my car's health and I would like to compare.

Thank you

Mario 94 VR-4

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello guys! Yup, I'm running 1.30 to 1.42 everyday driving. No problem. My engine has 94K miles on it now and I'd placed 4000 miles on it on my trip from NM to FL and back to NJ. Running at 1.28 all the time. ANd my motor is still prefect! Yesterday, I was at the delaer and they said that everything is good! I'm very happy. Thanks Matt.

Matt92vr4 and Fastboy are my witnesses that it rocks!!!

Roger, don't know if this might help but at 1.40 of boost my egt gauge is at 8200c.

[This message has been edited by Lord_dvd (edited January 04, 2000).]

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Hendrick,
Are you back in NJ? Let me know since we might have a mini North NJ gathering at a local restaurant in the town where I live.

-Frank-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts