Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I started to notice that my car has high cold start rpm since previous winter. Usualy it was 1600-1700, but then it became 2000 or higher. At summer I didn’t mention that because its warming up fast. But now it’s 0 celsius and and it’s starting again.

When I’m starting a car my RPM goes up to 2000 and then slowly raises to 2100-2500, depending on weather temperature. More colder — higher RPM. Then, with warming up, rpm goes down to 900-1000. So, my Idle is OK, only cold start... I checked my ISC and measures are fine. I checked for leaking — didn’t find anything... That’s mean it’s FIAV? I think it won’t close as it should be. Is there any way to check it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with acceleration cable if you mean that... It’s not stuck or anything. Also I didn’t touch any throttle parts beside ISC.:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had similar issues, were resolved by 1) cleaning my MAF with MAF spray, 2) unplugging battery and letting sit for 10 minutes, 3) turn off everything in the car and start it and don't touch anything until it's warmed up for 10 mins. Shut it off and start it back up and see if that fixed it, usually helps retrain the ECU/other so it knows how to idle. Good luck hope it works for you !

·
Curmudgeon
5,541 Posts
Be VERY careful cleaning your MAF with MAF spray. Those sprays are meant for heated wire type sensors and many say right on the can (usually in tiny print) not for use with Mitsubishi MAF sensors.
Our Karman Vortex type sensors rarely need to be cleaned and can be damaged by the solvents.
Be sure that any spray you buy specifically says it's safe for Karman sensors...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was not aware of that, thanks for the education !
I just bought Maf spray, didn't really read the can, went by some videos and write-ups online. I'm okay so far.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, just checked my can of CRC MAF Cleaner and found that it said do NOT use on our cars, as Steve 93ES said. Good call ! I can only guess that I didn't spray the element too hard in maf as it was pretty clean anyway, was just really trying to fix my idle per instructions found elsewhere, so maybe I dodged a bullet.
Funny, none of the articles on 3si/3KGT Facebook groups regarding maf cleaning mentioned anything about needing specific maf cleaners for 3KGT cars, first time I've heard it. Good to have other more experienced folks on here checking recommendations !

·
Curmudgeon
5,541 Posts
Bad information? On FACEBOOK? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! :eek: :eek:
Save facebook for puppies and kittens. Come here for information. Stay for the witty conversation....:cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
My brother has a 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0... I think it is still a 6G72 block. He was having similar issues with funky cold idle, then the gauge lights started to pulse. Turned out to be the voltage regulator in the alternator went bad... more specifically, the pins on the connector were badly corroded. I am not sure how similar the charging system is between these cars, but you might want to check the battery voltage and make sure it isn't overcharging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts