Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the S3 world, purchased a very clean Firestorm Red Stealth R/T TT about 4 weeks now. Had the full 60K maint done, Redline in Trans and Transaxle,Mobil I, Intake cone filter and replaced stock muffler with dual Dynomax Race Bullet's. Runs smooth and fast. The only annoying problems are:

1: Anti-lock brake light staying on sometimes. It seems to be more frequent during cold, dry weather. We've had several days of cold but wet weather here in the Louisville, Ky area and the anti-locks worked fine during those 3-4 days of rain. Dryed up and cold and doing it again.

2: Car idle's @700-750 just fine, but when driving and push clutch in to shift or stop,etc. the RPM stay at 2000-2100 for about 2-3 seconds then drop instantly to normal.

What I've noticed lately is that the high idle seems to happen when the anti-lock light is on. This may be coincidence, but definitely strange.

Anyone have any ideas?

Great group, glad to be part of it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I confirmed today that the Idle problem only happens when the Anti-Lock light stays on at startup. Vacumm leak????

anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I can't help you with this one...don't know much about it...but ask roger G. or brian...just use their name and the'll respond quick! I mean it! take care!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts