Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  1. I’ve been battling a high idle parked and sporadic idle when clutch is engaged while driving for about a year now. I’ve read the thread on the IAC. I had a shop check all vacuum lines and had no leaks. Discovered ECU was bad and replaced it with chromed ECU. Replaced the IAC and still no luck. Is there something I’m missing? I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance. Forgot to add that I’ve also changed out the entire throttle body (not new but different) and made no difference

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,111 Posts
What year and model 3/S do you own? What exactly did you replace your original IAC motor and TB assembly with?

Most people will recommend a proper BISS adjustment, but that can easily make things worse if other factors are in play. Have you verified that your TPS is correct at idle? How about the idle switch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 91 VR-4, To be honest I’m not EXACTLY sure what the parts were replaced with, the shop I had taken it to had replaced the parts and given me the old parts back. He had the car for 6 months and couldn’t fix it so it gave the car back.
I should be able to get to the car this weekend (in storage, I live in Wisconsin) I can do my best to test the TPS to make sure that is correct.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I suggest that you have your old throttle body rebuilt by dbest671 on this forum. I think if you send it with the TPS and IAC, she'll test them. Start with a private message.
Your problem still sounds IAC related to me... where did you get the new part?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts